Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Trust me guys, the rear doors have speakers in them, and they work. It's more vocals stuff, that comes out of them. Probably only the LUX ones have them.

@Sertkiz, yeah sounds almost identical! The whole package costs (RRP) like $1400, but I work at JB Hi Fi so I get cost price, and so it totals me around $970
    Also, do you think you could send me a pic of your setup for your sub? Just out of curiosity. Was the sub a messy installation? Cos i might , might.. sell my euro down the track for an upgrade, and obviously selling it with a sub is hard, just wondering if you can remove the sub without anyone noticing there ever was one in there, if you know what I mean lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Yea you can just mount the sub in a box get some valcro mount it to the box and carpet or dont mount it at all

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    pretty sure the rear door speakers are fakies
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    wow, trust me the rear door speakers aren't fake and have sound coming out of them from the factory. It's a 6 speaker system. Front splits (x2), rear doors (x2), 6x9's (x2) - 2+2+2 = 6.

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by afgmoh View Post
    wow, trust me the rear door speakers aren't fake and have sound coming out of them from the factory. It's a 6 speaker system. Front splits (x2), rear doors (x2), 6x9's (x2) - 2+2+2 = 6.
    Honda claim a 6 speaker sound system for the Euro as they count the front 2-way splits as 4 speakers total (2 speakers + 2 tweeters). Definitely no speakers in the rear doors in my 07 Lux - there's a speaker grille, but no sound coming out of it, nor do I see anything when I shine a torch in. From my understanding, the "true" 6 speaker option (2 front splits (incl 2 tweeters), 2 rear door speakers, 2 6x9s in parcel shelf) was bundled with the factory amplified premium sound option; an option we never got in Australia.

But hey, if you can get pics of your setup, I'd love to be proved wrong! Could be an audio install from a previous owner, could even be a misbuild from Honda, who knows.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    hmm.. then I guess it really was the previous owner who chucked them in.. cos I have the large circle grill for it, and I hear sound coming out. I'd take pics or even try to open it to show you but i'm no expert and have no idea how to do that hahaha :P
    But anywaaaaay, on to the main topic and to make sure.. JL Audio upgrade > Bose stock system? Worth the upgrade?

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    Like you said your planning on selling the car so spend your money on something else.
    OH WERD?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    The sound system would add value in my opinion, the sub i'd take out though and keep for myself, or sell.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by jono_l View Post
    Honda claim a 6 speaker sound system for the Euro as they count the front 2-way splits as 4 speakers total (2 speakers + 2 tweeters). Definitely no speakers in the rear doors in my 07 Lux - there's a speaker grille, but no sound coming out of it, nor do I see anything when I shine a torch in. From my understanding, the "true" 6 speaker option (2 front splits (incl 2 tweeters), 2 rear door speakers, 2 6x9s in parcel shelf) was bundled with the factory amplified premium sound option; an option we never got in Australia.

But hey, if you can get pics of your setup, I'd love to be proved wrong! Could be an audio install from a previous owner, could even be a misbuild from Honda, who knows.
    agree 100% man
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by afgmoh View Post
    The sound system would add value in my opinion, the sub i'd take out though and keep for myself, or sell.
    To be honest nothing you do will add value no matter how much better it is

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    To be honest nothing you do will add value no matter how much better it is
    +1 on this! i guess it mainly depends if u decide to sell private or dealership
    OH WERD?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    I'd be selling private, there's no way a dealer would give you decent money for a car, ever. But hey, depending on who's buying it, it'll add value. For example a P plater, they'd love it. Old people though, obviously don't give a shit haha