hey guys, just after some help. i did abit of research but couldnt really find what i was after..

i recently got payed out for my EH after it was written off.. im planning on buying an ek and boosting the d16y4.. im not after massive gains, but i want a quick daily which can handle abit of spirited driving. from what ive read on here, it is possible to make around 110kw - 120kw on stock internals? however the engine life tends to be a few years only, and i wouldnt mind a little more power :P

i want to build something where im not scared to put my foot down and worry about throwing a rod. having said that i dont want to be spending bucket loads..

also, noob as, but when we say 'internals', what exactly are they? what will i need to replace or change for the engine to be able to handle say 130kw? i always hear ppl say, pistons rods etc. but what else? what are some good brands and how much should i be paying for a rebuild which can handle 120-130kw easily and reliably? but as i said, im on a budget here and am not looking for a massive power figure. just something reliable but fun!

appreciate all the help fellas

thanks,
G