Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ek4

Henry's 96 hatchback..

Hey guys. Been lurking around this site for almost a year now and have decided to finally tell my civic's story.

Got my civic back in May from a mates work buddy. It had over 200,000kms on it but it was very clean and stock as a rock, except for a small patch of rust and a small paint chip. It was a cxi but i was given an offer i couldn't refuse. It also had a gli cluster with the tacho which was a bonus.

As i was on my L's back then, there were only small mods i wanted to do to make it comfortable for me when i got my P's. First thing I did was upgraded all the speakers from OEM. I purchased some Digital Design 6x9s for the rear and was given some random Pioneer speakers for the front. Overall, I was pretty happy with the sound quality of the music.

[INSERT PHOTO HERE]

After learning to properly drive manual, I decided it was time i deresonated the airbox to make it sound better. Soon after, some mates shouted me a custom air intake which made the car sound pretty gun.

lol not me btw

YAY for intake!

Also restored my headlights as they were cloudy as **** and bought a new set of headlights.

lol cant really tell the difference, but it was pretty major.

After a couple of months an OEM CTR shiftboot came up on the forsale thread so I quickly picked that up. After a week, it came to my door and I was pleased with its condition.

MOMO!

Once I had my P's and was driving around more, I felt the car needed more of a beastier look so I bought a CTR style lip kit from JDMyard while it was on sale. Also did a diy grill. It was a hassle but it looked okay in the end.

I didnt install the rear yet though cos it doesnt look as good unpainted.

This week was one of the most exciting weeks for the car. A mate of mine upgraded his shocks and sold me his old ones for $100. I'm pretty happy with the ride height and taking off the old hubcaps was one of the best decisions ive made since i bought the car.

Tonight, I finally brought myself over to AutoBarn to do the ek9 style rear lights. Turned out fkn awesome. Also offset the number plate to give it a more aggressive look.

Me and my mates civics chilling in the garage haha.

Feel free to post C&C and before anyone asks, yes, i will be getting rims soon LOL.

And anyone wanting tips for the ek9 tail lights, feel free to pm me

Henry.
    Last edited by jajaja; 07-05-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Nice one

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9
    Sweet ride man,

Nicely done =)

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Thanks guys. Just wondering, anyone attending the jdmst meet tonight at the entertainment quarter?
    team grade A

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1,DC2R,NA6
    Nice, get some proper daytime flicks!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic CXi Coupe
    Mean ride bro! Just bought a 97 Honda CXi Coupe @ 170,000kms couple of days ago. What's the best mod to start off on them? Im new to this and it's pretty much my first "PROJECT"

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sthonda2own View Post
    Mean ride bro! Just bought a 97 Honda CXi Coupe @ 170,000kms couple of days ago. What's the best mod to start off on them? Im new to this and it's pretty much my first "PROJECT"
    you sure it's a cxi? I'm pretty sure all prefacelift coupes were vti, correct me if im wrong. Nonetheless, for sound, I recommend deresonating. Easy job and also free.
    team grade A

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    you sure it's a cxi? I'm pretty sure all prefacelift coupes were vti, correct me if im wrong. Nonetheless, for sound, I recommend deresonating. Easy job and also free.
    Lol what he said^

Minimum equipment on a EK coupe is sohc VTEC
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    hey guys. its been a while since i updated this thread. Been busy studying for the hsc lol but now ive officially finished my years in high school.

Anyway, the springs i got from my mate had settled over time and the car has lowered itself a bit more. Scraping and bottoming out on every hump lol. I love this height though so theres no changing that :L

How she sits for a few more days.

About a week ago, a mate's mate did a b-swap on his civic. He said his car was too low after the swap and wanted to revert back to oem height LOL. It was perfect for me since I didnt need my springs anymore, so we worked out a deal. I ended up straight swapping my oem shocks + springs for an aftermarket d-series header. They were installed in that same week, but I ran into some small problems. First problem was that the O2 sensor cable had to be extended. Now during this time, the headers were about 95% installed and it was around 1 or 2 am in the morning. I did not want to turn around now and reinstall my old oem headers haha. So i did a bit of research and turns out that O2 cable extensions were common when installing aftermarket headers. We ended up extending the O2 cable from the engine loom and routing it to the actual O2 sensor. Once that was done, everything was hooked up and all bolts were checked. I then started the engine up and let the new gasket and sealant work its magic. I let it sit for about 20 minutes before taking it out for a drive.

I then took the car out a drove around "da area". Everything seemed fine and I felt there was more torque around the whole rev range. However, when i drive it hard, there is a sound that sounds like the headers a shaking or that there is a very small leak. Ive decided to test them for a week and check for any dark deposits around the headers which would imply a leak. Btw, is it essential to tighten the headers up to honda torque specs?

Anyway, this Sunday I finally picked up my set of buddyclub P1s. They weren't the best specs - 15x6.5 around +40 area, but they were extremely light. I got a mate to wrap them for me as he works at Lexus Australia. He will get them to me by tomorrow and I cant wait. He also sold me a set of gold wheel nuts which he bought on impulse the same night he sold them to me LOL.

P1's in the boot. So dirty.

Anyway thats whats happened in the passed month. Will update with more pics of headers and wheels soon.
    Last edited by jajaja; 06-12-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    how many inch drop is your car?

moar. update again i demand it!

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Alright guys. I mounted the wheels onto my car and I'm loving its new look. Heres a few pics.

Centered the number plate cos i got sick of the offset.

Panorama shot of my mates teg and my ek. Love this photo.

getting wrapped..

and these are pics of the headers..

working under the car. SAFETY FIRST!

lol and also test fitting a set of rp01s i was about to buy.

Sorry for poor quality photos. Was using mobile camera :s

Will update again soon with new parts!
    Last edited by jajaja; 08-12-2011 at 05:03 PM.