Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC2, 93 EG VTI
    Dont listen to all the K-series guys, sure k-series is an awsome conversions for all the obvious reasons (easier power productions, better power delivery, better gearbox, more modern) but everyone is forgetting how raw the B-series is. I drive a mildly built B-series (Head work only) and its a dream to drive, ill be upgrading to much higher compression bottom end soon. IMO, to produce that kind of power from a B-series you must get the turbo option out of your head and concentrate on building the motor up N/A. If youve got 13k to spend go for ITBs, E85 fuel, good cams (TODA, SKUNK etc), do your research on headers, full 2.5in mandrel bent exhaust, a good aftermarket ecu and for god sakes a good tune, GET A GOOD TUNE!!!! As for the bottom end, id run 11.5-12:1 forgies, a nice set of strong and light conrods (do your research) and for the crank, im sure the stock one will be fine, and at the end of it all, get the whole rotatting assembly balanced

Hope that helps
    We dont live, if we dont feel alive .

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Jccck - LOL Not this clown again your comparisons are such a joke im not even going to bother.. Your engine build seems to keep increasing power output day by day, good luck
    in your e-wang stat goals of 2011.

his goal is a mid 12 second pass, ive yet to see a n/a itr b series in australia reach that goal, however there are plenty k swaps out doing this
    with much ease........
    for example

but at the end of the day no one is holding a gun to his head saying go k series. All advice coming from experienced guys like the byp brothers, who have been there
    and done pretty much everything

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    No, Jccck, the guy who posted a couple posts back
    part time potato

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.teg View Post
    Dont listen to all the K-series guys, sure k-series is an awsome conversions for all the obvious reasons (easier power productions, better power delivery, better gearbox, more modern) but everyone is forgetting how raw the B-series is. I drive a mildly built B-series (Head work only) and its a dream to drive, ill be upgrading to much higher compression bottom end soon. IMO, to produce that kind of power from a B-series you must get the turbo option out of your head and concentrate on building the motor up N/A. If youve got 13k to spend go for ITBs, E85 fuel, good cams (TODA, SKUNK etc), do your research on headers, full 2.5in mandrel bent exhaust, a good aftermarket ecu and for god sakes a good tune, GET A GOOD TUNE!!!! As for the bottom end, id run 11.5-12:1 forgies, a nice set of strong and light conrods (do your research) and for the crank, im sure the stock one will be fine, and at the end of it all, get the whole rotatting assembly balanced

Hope that helps

All that work and effort yet won't perform as well as a family motor k24 .

Nothing against B series, go ahead and do it. But once its completed the money/power ratio wont be worth it then you'll end up K series.

K24 swaps can be had for as little as 10k.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...52#post3101152

8.5k for everything minus labour! Has proven to make 135kw atw
    Last edited by fatboyz39; 07-10-2011 at 07:34 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC2, 93 EG VTI
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    All that work and effort yet won't perform as well as a family motor k24 .

Nothing against B series, go ahead and do it. But once its completed the money/power ratio wont be worth it then you'll end up K series.

K24 swaps can be had for as little as 10k.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...52#post3101152

8.5k for everything minus labour! Has proven to make 135kw atw
    I completely agree with you, once i have the funds to do it properly ill be going K series myself. Im just trying to help this guy out as he wants a built B series not a K series

There has been an N/A B series in Oz with a 12.3sec pass. Not as easy as working up a K, but that's where the fun is!

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    Fack thinking power. Focus on gearing, weight and setup. A 134kw K series could run a 12 with factory 6spd. 134kw B series with a 5spd probably won't.
    Are your goals power or times? While they are related, they aren't the same.
    Econo Box pimping ain't easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    And the money ^^
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC2, 93 EG VTI
    Also i guess if his aims are to use the car as a street/track car or a street/drag car or only street, if he wants a street/track car then power means nothing without control

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Was the 12.3 a dc2 chassis, highly doubt it ... I
    Know of one that went high 11 b20 in a highly weight reducted eg

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    do what i did and superdupercharge it. will be a blast to drive
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexplicit View Post
    do what i did and superdupercharge it. will be a blast to drive
    i second that. and with a b20 block.
    touge is my style, F@CK your style!