Member Array
    Car:
    1997 Civic CXi

Does Honda have a lifetime warranty on seatbelts?

Read on a USA forum that they do and people claim to have slow retracting belts replaced free of charge?
    I'm not sure whether the replacement has been got through a Honda warranty or Govt mandated one.
    Be good if my daughter could get hers replaced on a 97 Civic before someone breaks their neck trying to dance round the loose belt trying to get out the back.
    I have tried the soapy water clean that only slightly improved the problem.
    Anyone know if this USA law applies here?
    This is a Federally Mandated warranty that ALL auto manufacturers in the US have to abide by. The Federal Government mandates that all vehicles must have properly functioning safety belts for the life of the vehicle. If the safety belt fails (including poor retraction), that can lead to injury in a collision. Improper retraction could delay the locking of the safety belt in the event of an accident.

It just needs a clean and it will retract like net again.

What you need to clean is where the belt pivots up top.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 x2
    Exactly that ^^^ And Honda will only cover seatbelts for the normal length of the warranty period and then it I at the customers expense.
    hondadynamiks - ADELAIDE