Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

20mm h&r spacers on stock dc5 rims?

would 20mm h&r spacers make stock dc5r wheels sit flush?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG & DC5R
    keen for this too, c'mon guys surely someones done this or knows what spacing is required to get a flush fit on stock wheels

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Here's the easiest way to do it all by yourself.

Get a ruler, and sit it on the rim of the wheel, pointing out.

Look at where the guard is. How long is it? Then that's how much you need to space it out.

It's not really a hard concept to think up, so maybe take some time to concentrate on figuring shit out for yourself, rather than being spoon fed forever.
    to see all of my build, checkout

nice! thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I had 25mm spacers all around on dc5r wheels. I had to roll my guards though(only cos i was on 0deg camber)

If u dont wanna roll guards, dial in some camber and u be right

Member Array
    Car:
    EG & DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    It's not really a hard concept to think up, so maybe take some time to concentrate on figuring shit out for yourself, rather than being spoon fed forever.
    I feel sad for you knowing that your only outlet is coming onto Ozhonda and venting on people who are after help. It must be really depressing to have to put others down in an attempt to make yourself feel more worthwhile.

The reason people ask these questions is because there are a lot of variables that can be potentially involved, it's not just "measure and see if it will fit", where's the harm is seeing what other people have run so that we know the probable outcomes?

Seeing as you were the first to jump to assumptions in regards to being spoon fed, enjoy your life as an uneducated spare parts dealer who is sad enough to write "i'm a sick ****" in their profile and "I beat mother****ers" in their signature. You are ****ing sad mate, I feel really sorry for people like you.

well said

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    I feel sad for you knowing that your only outlet is coming onto Ozhonda and venting on people who are after help. It must be really depressing to have to put others down in an attempt to make yourself feel more worthwhile.

The reason people ask these questions is because there are a lot of variables that can be potentially involved, it's not just "measure and see if it will fit", where's the harm is seeing what other people have run so that we know the probable outcomes?

Seeing as you were the first to jump to assumptions in regards to being spoon fed, enjoy your life as an uneducated spare parts dealer who is sad enough to write "i'm a sick ****" in their profile and "I beat mother****ers" in their signature. You are ****ing sad mate, I feel really sorry for people like you.
    you know it

explain to me the variables in measuring the distance of stock wheels from stock guards?

Explain to me to methods on which you came to the assumptions that i am a said, uneducated spare parts dealer, when youve never met me, youve never even seen me, and you're trying to assess the kind of person i am from 2 or 3 things youve read on OzHonda, which may as well be the arsehole of the internet.

Do tell me , if my only outlet is coming onto OzHonda and venting to people who ask stupid questions, then why do i have a heap of green squares, and you have a red one?
    Last edited by trism; 15-10-2011 at 02:27 PM.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Peachy, i can understand why trism said that cos in his defence, the OP didnt give enough variables... What if his dc5r was lowered, it would have more neg camber then a stock one so therefore if he was to chuck 20mm spacers on, it will be totally different compared to my stock height dc5r...

Then again trism If u aint got nothing nice to say, dnt bother.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I'd personally go 25mm all around.

I''ve ran 25mm all around on Type S wheels (17x7 +45). Type S wheels have another 6mm of stance compared to the Type R wheels. Heres a pic of my car with the spacers and a zero camber setup.

Ok these pics i could only find were on my EP3R wheel,s but same specs (17x7+45)

FOr a zero camber setup, I was scrubbing so I rolled guards front and rear. I could get away with more camber but was more noob back in the day.

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    enjoy your life as an uneducated spare parts dealer who is sad enough to write "i'm a sick ****" in their profile and "I beat mother****ers" in their signature. You are ****ing sad mate, I feel really sorry for people like you.
    LMAO @ UNEDUCATED SPARE PARTS DEALER!!!! reminds me of a few that i know in Sydney
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    EG & DC5R
    If you don’t see how this is a judgemental and condescending comment, and if you don’t see how you were the first to make assumptions and be an arse about it than you’re a lost cause.
    It takes a man to acknowledge fault and apologize.

you know it

explain to me the variables in measuring the distance of stock wheels from stock guards?

Explain to me to methods on which you came to the assumptions that i am a said, uneducated spare parts dealer, when youve never met me, youve never even seen me, and you're trying to assess the kind of person i am from 2 or 3 things youve read on OzHonda, which may as well be the arsehole of the internet.

Do tell me , if my only outlet is coming onto OzHonda and venting to people who ask stupid questions, then why do i have a heap of green squares, and you have a red one?
    Firstly, your point in regards to variables. This is why the OP asked the question, to make sure there were no other variables that could affect his decision making process. If you actually read my post, it says “potential variables”, I did not explicitly state there ‘were’ variables. Do you see it now?

Sometimes things aren’t as simple as just checking the distance; just like choosing lug nuts for a car, you could say “well it’s as simple as buying the right size bolt”, but in a matter of fact it isn’t, because there are such things as ball/radius, conical etc that make things more complicated than just buying the right sized nut. This is why people ask the questions, because of uncertainty. There is a possibility that certain unknown factors could affect choosing spacers, hence why the question was asked, and hence why I said “there are a lot of variables that can be potentially involved”.

I will gladly explain my methods:
    A.) My assumption on uneducated was made by your spelling, use of words, language and behaviour. Your profile and signature and use of profanity in public profiles is also indicative of the perception you want people to have of you which paints a picture of you. Also the fact that you call people ‘mouth fed’ after you help them is proof enough that you put others down in a bid to make yourself feel superior.
    B.) My assumption on you being a spare parts dealer: well it says so in your profile?

Now may I ask how YOU got the assumption that we were mouth fed? What do YOU know about me? Do you know that I left home when I was 17 and supported myself through two degrees? Do you know that whilst doing this I volunteered, pay free, for 10 hours a week, for 7 years, to help local communities? I don’t see how any of my actions on OzHonda were indicative of me being mouthfed. Uneducated on Honda, yes, mouth-fed, no. I would be interested to see where you draw your conclusions from.

The proof is in the pudding mate, and your little ‘green square’ is no excuse for acting like a dick towards people who are after genuine help. Just because you have those wonderful green squares which you take so much pride in, doesn’t give you the right to make other more uneducated users feel like they’re stupid for asking a question.

Ozhonda isn’t the arsehole of the internet, it’s just self righteous, arrogant and hypocritical posters like you that make it feel like it at times.

And I actually find it humorous that you neg rep me for pointing out the fact that you've been rude and condescending. That's a totally great way to use the point system buddy, props for being a power tripping douche.

Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    Peachy, i can understand why trism said that cos in his defence, the OP didnt give enough variables... What if his dc5r was lowered, it would have more neg camber then a stock one so therefore if he was to chuck 20mm spacers on, it will be totally different compared to my stock height dc5r...

Then again trism If u aint got nothing nice to say, dnt bother.
    His advice was good and useful, yes I admit that, and it highlighted the fact that there are no other factors that need to be considered. On the other hand, as you say, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't bother. There is no defence for being a dick.
    Last edited by Peachy; 15-10-2011 at 11:40 PM.