Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R

Need help!!! Need Shockies for DC5R!

Hey guys so my rego expires on 16 oct 2011 and ive had to go to mechanics to get a pinkslip done. My car failed the pinkslip test because my shockabsorbers are both crack right down the middle (both the front shock absorbers)
    My trusted mechanic who ive became quite good friends with at the gym called up a number of places in the hopes of finding shock absorbers that will fit my dc5r. All the places he called dont have it so he had to resort to OEM ones. He called Honda and they informed him honda dont have any stock either in whole of australia and that they would need to back order them from japan which will take 2-3 weeks. Honda quoted him $438 for just one shock absorber and i need two.

Problem is, its obviously way too expensive to pay $876 for two shock absorbers. and even if i do get it, waiting 2-3 weeks is too long because my rego is expiring in less than that..

Does anyone know where i can buy aftermarker shock absorbers that will fit my dc5r?

Worst case scenario, my mechanic said if we both cant find any, then he'll "figure something out" Im hoping that means he'll turn a blind eye and pass me LOL

Any help is greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!
    Last edited by DLO01; 14-10-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    If your car is on stock suspension, have a think about putting in an investment to lower the car, through purchasing a shock+spring combo. This way your paying for something that will improve looks and handling of the car while also passing your pink slip, given you don't slam the thing.
    team grade A

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    my car is on lowered suspension already =\ i was thinking of just putting coilovers lol but i think thats even more expensive haha

Or you could search the forums for some second hand stock suspension. Seen a few in the past for $100-150.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I would hope he wouldn't just turn a blind eye to cracked shocks. It might be cheap and easy for you, but it's dangerous for everybody who has to share the road with you. It seems as if you've put low springs on stock shocks, which was always bound to damage them. Maybe do it properly with some pre-owned coilovers.

I got exactly what you need here......

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...44080-Helppppp!!!!!!!!

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    *title edited* OP please please think of a more appropriate/specific title next time. Not just 'Need Help'. That doesn't tell readers anything. Thanks.
    Deano.