Help installing new Pioneer Head Unit

Wondering if any one can give some advice on doing this.

Currently have a Pioneer head unit in my DC2R, the head unit is from about 2000. Just bought a second hand Pioneer unit from someone and want to put this in the Integra.

I'm thinking since they are both Pioneer the brackets would be the same so I can just slide it in. The connectors/wiring loom should be the same also.

I'm just worried about the alarm screwing up and other unforseen electrical problems.

Will I have to remove the centre console as per the following guide?:

http://www.fitaudio.com/?View=entry&EntryID=153

Any advice anyone can give about this would be much appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    If you already have an aftermarket headunit in the car it was probably installed with the cage that comes with it so you shouldnt have to remove the dash, they usualy have a locking tab either side of the headunit(have a look at your new cage too see how they work) which you need to unlock to remove the unit.

Heres a pic with lines outlining where you slide the extraction keys.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Thanks for the reply. If I disconnect the battery to stop blowing any fuses, is there a good chance my alarm will need to be reprogrammed or anything else need to be done with it?

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    No worries mate, Depends on the alarm i think(maybe check your user manuel), i havent worked on a car yet that needed to be re-programmed after tho so i dont think its common. Could just pull the fuse/'s for the interior acc so you dont have to disconnect the battery if your worried.

You may not have to do any rewiring anyway if the old pioneer loom is the same as the new pioneer one(may not be), if its the same plug just unclip the plug from the old unit and plug into the new. no need to disconnect the battery for that IMO.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna