Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

help my alarm remote wont work any more

Hey guys so my car battery died and after replacing it for some reason my alarm remotes do not work anymore,
    fortunately i am able to by pass it with the valet switch but its a pain in the ass that the remotes are not working
    i have read that they need to be relearned into the alarm system. Does anyone know how my alarm is a BW 10000 Black widow alarm system. cant find any info on the web.

any help appreciated..
    Last edited by dogcrapau; 02-11-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dogcrapau View Post
    Hey guys so my car battery died and after replacing it for some reason my alarm remotes do not work anymore,
    fortunately i am able to by pass it with the valet switch but its a pain in the ass that the remotes are not working
    i have read that they need to be relearned into the alarm system. Does anyone know how my alarm is a BW 10000 Black widow alarm system. cant find any info on the web.

any help via PM appreciated..
    i really do not want to go to strathfield and get charged for something that may require 10 seconds to do.
    You want their expertise, they want your money....

Hope you can find your answer by other means.....

I left my car without a battery for 6 months. My alarm lost all of its settings, Shit me up the wall.

I rung up the alarm guy, it was like gonna cost me $70 and I had to drive to bondi, from my place....

After countless hours of searching, I managed to find the installation manual & instructions over the net.
    Studied it and spent some time on my alarm....

back to normal.

Process took probably more than 5 hours of my time, searching for the manual, figuring out how to change settings etc.
    If you can be bothered, keep searching, or else just pay them what they're trained to do, have a coffee and be done with it.

good luck.

Yeah i know, but sometimes its the effort of searching that rewards most of us on this forum, hence for having a forum and exchanging ideas and learning how to do things yourself.. if it was all too easy to just take it to the mechanic i dont think there wouldnt be much fun to forums. What alarm system do you have?

which car?

LOL

don't bother, I won't answer your question.

lol okay then! well if you reconsider a case a beer could be traded! for your intel on how to do it.
    in fact il make sure its cold too!

I don't have Black widow alarms so wouldn't have a clue mate,

would love to help though

lol

ah damn...thanks anyways!
    the search continues!

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Are you in Sydney ? Does your car work without the alarm ?

If you can drive your car, I know a locksmith that could possibly re-program your keys for you.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

solved...!!!! Anyone with black widow alarm and needs to reprogram or relearn their remote PM me..
    all is solved!! woo hoo..

tell us what you did.

more details

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    mine done the same the alarm siren would make a werid noise i found that one of the four fuses blue.
    YES IT FAST NO YOU CANT RIDE IT

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    if you need to re-program remotes you really have to re-think to yourself "how good is this alarm?"

in my professional opinion, if you have to re-program remotes and they ain't being used with a tv then i'd re-think about "wasting" your money getting it.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!