Newcomer Array

Whiteline 2 point adjustable sway bar

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WHITELINE...#ht_1705wt_905

Hey guys, what do you think of this whiteline sway bar? Seems pretty cheap and a strut brace is included as well. Already have Skunk2 coilovers on my car, looking for something to stiffen up the rear so I get less understeer.

Anyone have any experience with the whiteline sway bar and brace? Thanks.
    Last edited by KeyMan; 23-09-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Track Car
    hey i install and use Whiteline parts all the time for work, there high quality well researched you will get the effect your after with a Swaybar like that, they are worth every cent!! just check all the brackets and bushes are there?

Also im not sure on an EJ but i would assume you will need a lower rear brace too as the bar puts alot of stress on the body.

then just get a good 4 wheel alignment and the car will handle great!!

Marc

seems a bit over priced, I paid $220 for mine from pedders. I threw those braces in the bin though and used a proper asr. Worked perfectly fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    that brace that comes with the sway bar looks just as paper thin as the subframe! lol as said above an ASR brace would be much better

Newcomer Array
    Lol yeah I was concerned about the brace, that's why wanted to know if anyone has used this setup before.

Guess I should probably pay a bit more and get an ASR + sway bar combo

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Track Car
    yup ASR!! for the brace.

as for price it varies so much but one thing i can pretty safely say is that no matter what you pay for a whiteline bar you wont regret it.

ps i manage a Pedders Store in South Melbourne i can look after you if your interested

Marc.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Imo, this not a proper subframe brace kit unlike ASR.

The way it mounts is incorrect, the load bearing isnt spread out as much as ASR, i remember awhile back, some one had ripped out there rear sub frame using this kit as well.... so be aware of what may or may not happen

ASR on the other hand, is a tried and proven gear
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    i have just fitted the same rear swaybar as mentioned here with an asr brace to my eg. the only thing i found was that i had to take pics of the difference in brackets and of the asr brace as they weren't 100% on what the asr brace was and then send them to whiteline to get them to send down different mounting bush brakets as the ones supplied match up to their fairly average take on the subframe re-enforcement. they sent them to me overnight free of charge so i give them two thumbs up with their customer service =]

i can't give you results on how the swaybar feels as i haven't carried out my first shakedown since fitting it and it is in conjunction with some function7 rear lca's which give you an extra 3 points of adjustment for swaybar stiffness ontop of the 2 points on the swaybar. i can let you know how i go in a couple of weeks once i have gone to winton tho =]
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8