Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r

282mm brakes question

hi ive got a 4 stud integra ..

and i found a pair of dc2r callipers and 5 stud 282mm discs..

question 1. is there any other hubs i can use to install this disc apart from dc2r?

question 2. can i re drill the 5 stud 282mm discs into 4 stud and can the caliper fit on my 4 stud item.

thanks!
    im glad you didnt put the sx lip AND that one on or itd be like yo dawg i herd you liek lips, so i put a lip on yo lip so you can lip while you lip

Member Array
    Car:
    s14a
    Ek9 hubs can be used if u retain ur dc upper control arm.
    Alternatively u can redrill the rotors but the holes may over lap for a couple of em. Then u will need to shave bout 3 mm of ur dc caliper braket to be able to fit the dc2r calipers properly
    FYS

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    pretty hard to find ek9 hubs. cant use these 'crv' 2001 hubs by any chance? are they 5 stud?
    im glad you didnt put the sx lip AND that one on or itd be like yo dawg i herd you liek lips, so i put a lip on yo lip so you can lip while you lip

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    Pretty sure you can but only the front ones. Also I believe there's a model of prelude disc 282mm 4x100. Anybody confirm this?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by crobaa View Post
    Pretty sure you can but only the front ones. Also I believe there's a model of prelude disc 282mm 4x100. Anybody confirm this?
    it would be 4 by 114.3, the largest in 4 by 100 is 262mm, but u can either get new blanks 282mm drilled or redrill the prelude ones
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    where do you get 282mm blanks? have you bought it before?

If your 4 Stud Integra (4x100) came with 262mm rotors, you'll be fine.

You will just need to :
    1) Shave the caliper bracket by a couple of mms (there are alternatives if you don't want to shave the bracket)
    2) redrill the rotors to 4 x 100 or get 'em new from JDMyard

Its an easy install...
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    yup. i got all that sorted. now the next question if i get these EP3 calipers for the rear or ITR rear callipers. can i use my stock front 262mm disc for the rear and run the 4 stud rear?

lol no dude

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    You need

282rotors 4x114.3 re-drilled to 4x100 (Prelude BB4 - JDMyard - yonas does it cheap)
    Calipers to suit - DC2R will be fine, BB4 share the same pads as DC2R. So either are cool

The caliper bracket(s) needs to be shaved by 3mm, so that the rotor sits straight on the caliper. If you don't shave it, it will sit 'abit' on an angle, causing vibrations and uneven wear. Dangerous.

Note that when your at the stage fitting the 4x114.3 Rotor's, you can not use the 'screw' that holds the rotor onto the hub, different rotor - different specs. But thats cool, just make sure that you tighten your front wheels to a good torque setting and it will be fine.

Also note that the sheild that stops the rocks - 'have' to be trimmed, in a way so it does not touch the new rotors. Orelse it will scrape the rotor and will make a grinding noise.

I was really unsure that why 3mm has to be shaved, whoever went through the mathematics - MASSIVE to you. My caliper sits perfectly on the rotor giving it the normal wear signs.

You will need an engineer to shave the 3mm off the bracket, just where the bolts go... you don't need to shave all of it.

Print that picture out and show the engineer. They charged me $30ea for one bracket - so tell them that and they should be able to match it up.

Heres the plate that stops rocks and stuff

Trimming is cool - but I used a hammer and tapped it backwards

If you are doing this mod and need any help, ask me. I did it myself, and it was really easy. Just grab a set of a socket set, spanners, screw driver, hammer if needed, and thats all I used.

good luck

edit -

-I've heard you can't redrill 5stud rotors to 4x100 because of the bolting spots.
    -To save shaving the calipers, you can buy spacers - but if you buy spacers, you need to extend your studs.
    -Spoon sells these spacers, also good to have if you wish to upgrade to spoon calipers in future (unless you want to shave the spoon calipers lol).
    Last edited by DC2-PWR; 04-10-2011 at 09:53 PM.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    s14a
    also for fronts u an use CRV hubs but they use 36mmm driveshafts from memory and offsets would be different
    FYS

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    yonas has 282mm rotors in 4x100. non re-drilled.
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..