Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Liberty GTspecB
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    The laws are so ****ed.
    You can import an S15 yet it was sold here in australia yet many people wouldn't know that....
    I do believe you CAN import an R35 GTR... Expect to pay alot of tax though

Or... you get an agent who is willing to hold the car for 12 months, ship the car over for you and then sell it to you upon arrival in Australia.
    As per RSKEbaby's post
    I used to have a EK sedan
    psn: w-_custer_-w

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Read it and weep it! http://www.raws.com.au/ImportPurchase.asp

If it aint on the list, than u cant bring it in unless its a race/rally, to which than u cant rego the car when it lands here.

You cannot buy a S2k because they were sold here locally from 99 onwards, and good luck on tryna get a personal import S2k

With regards to the R35 GTR, nissan australia was slow as fuk to bring it in asap when it was released, took em another year to do it, within that, importers had already meet requirements to approve of importing the 07/08 models, although its only a low level scheme, with 25 cars per year they can bring in, still better to pay 140k vs 180k

And remember ADM cars will always hold there resale better than the JDM
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    never knew it was such a head fuk and big process to import a car to australia.. car must be stock aswell jeez

also were paying double the price then what USA pay for a gtr
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    never knew it was such a head fuk and big process to import a car to australia.. car must be stock aswell jeez

You can thank the luxury car tax for that lol, its quite hefty when u compare our car taxes to that of america.

But as far as importing cars go, better off using a import broker or a company such as J-spec or ironchefimports as such, takes the headaches out of tryna import the car yourself.

Few years ago, the import business was booming, now its slowly dying off, too many grey imports made it in the country, now no one wants one, stricter rules may also impact upon the business, but imo, if u cant find the import ur looking for here, than u can always have that option of buying and importing from japan.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post

Yep its not as easy as everybody thinks it is, also car doesn't have to be stock to import it, but must be stock to be complied and rego'd

Yeah usa are ****s lol, get everything for CHEAP!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by RSKEbaby View Post
    My boss lived in japan for awhile and when he came back to Australia, he brang his Evo 9 Wagon, only one in Australia. He said he wouldn't try bring a personal import over again as its just nothing but headaches!
    Pretty sweet having an Evo IX wagon, at least.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by williamwong View Post
    It depends on the year the car was sold in Australia.
    S15 - Sold in Aus from 2001, so you can import S15 built between 1999 to 2000.
    GTR - Sold in Aus from 2009 iirc, so you can import JDM GTR built between 2007 and 2008.
    i belive its also because the s15 here was sold as a 200sx rather then the silvia name.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    i belive its also because the s15 here was sold as a 200sx rather then the silvia name.
    its not by the name, but rather chassis, and S15 being the chassis code, and the actual name being silvia
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC