Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000

steering wheel boss kit

can a boss kit fit onto a ek9 steering wheel? assuming the rear hub is removed

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    no can do boss
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by zco View Post
    no can do boss
    want to expand why not

because a EK9 wheel attaches via the HUB spline only. And the "depth" of the wheel = a boss kit + aftermarket wheel.

a boss kit is for aftermarket wheels that fit on with multiple screws or allen keys to an adapter (the boss kit) and then it attaches via a spline to suit the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    because a EK9 wheel attaches via the HUB spline only. And the "depth" of the wheel = a boss kit + aftermarket wheel.

a boss kit is for aftermarket wheels that fit on with multiple screws or allen keys to an adapter (the boss kit) and then it attaches via a spline to suit the car.
    so are u saying the HUB isn't removable? and changeable.

From what i can see you can remove the stock hub via an allen key
    Last edited by XP02ED; 13-06-2008 at 03:04 PM.

no it isnt. The "hub" is integrated into the EK9 wheel.

You can remove the leather outer , and find the metal frame inside...it acts as a "boss kit" for the EK9 outer + SRS unit. With alot of custom work , you CAN fit a boss kit onto the back of a EK9 wheel but you would have to remove the SRS. Thus illegal and track use only

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    no it isnt. The "hub" is integrated into the EK9 wheel.

You can remove the leather outer , and find the metal frame inside...it acts as a "boss kit" for the EK9 outer + SRS unit. With alot of custom work , you CAN fit a boss kit onto the back of a EK9 wheel but you would have to remove the SRS. Thus illegal and track use only
    where is that quoted from?

the metal fram and SRS unit arent connected together which i dont see how it conflicting with the boss kit.

isnt a boss kit able to fit on the back ( not in the steering wheel )

it has 4 holes or custom holes can be made.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    cant hurt to try.. only takes 30minutes and you'll find the answer
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Yeh, im not arguing or anything.

looking to put an ek9 wheel into an EG.

with the right boss kit.

look at the rear without the hub

try it out and be the first.

BTW there has to be a reason it simply "isnt done" - the main reason is the 98+ DC2R wheel exists and bolts onto a EG hub .And works. (minus the airbag)
    So why modify a EK9 one ? The DC2R is pretty much exactly the same

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    i think ebcause he has a ek9 one sitting around at home.. you'll find that the steering wheel has an internal "hub"

if youput an external hub onto it, you'll be hugging your steering wheel when you drive..

and in regards to your "custom holes" you want to put onto the wheel.. its not safe..
    you'll be putting all the pressure of turning into that thin plate.. it will snap
    Last edited by zco; 14-06-2008 at 11:39 AM.
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by zco View Post
    i think ebcause he has a ek9 one sitting around at home.. you'll find that the steering wheel has an internal "hub"

if youput an external hub onto it, you'll be hugging your steering wheel when you drive..

and in regards to your "custom holes" you want to put onto the wheel.. its not safe..
    you'll be putting all the pressure of turning into that thin plate.. it will snap
    yup thats right.

well im gna try something this weekend for this EG. basically i got a boss kit which i ordered :NRG, very small so it shouldnt hug when driving saying this making a metal plate for the inside and using longer allen key screws should fix this.

either way it seems possible so i might try it out. would be intresting as if it does work. looks like the ek9 wheel will fit on any honda with a good boss kit!