Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hey guys,

read the stick on civic engine sizes, and noticed that the '97 which i'm looking at have the same engine sizes for the CXi and GLi.

now if you have read my other threads, it tells you that i currently don't own a civic, but have been doing vast research on them in the last 2 months, and have set my mind on one. i will be purchasing one within 6 months time.

now for you guys not knowing me i understand it would be hard to pick which type of civic would best suit me.
    so i'm going to try and give you a brief understanding of what i need a civic for.

for a system consisting of the following:
    • alpine 9807 headunit
      front splitz (size dependent on the size of the stock hole)
      10' / 12' sub
      orion xtr 500.4 amp

now for my driving needs:
    • economical car
      a car to only really seat me (driver) and my chick
      prefer to have a bit of room on the back seat (like in a hatchback) since i will be having a sub in the boot
      for trips from my place to uni (20 - 30 min trip)
      driving to work as well (not sure how far, as going to quit soon)

thanks guys, hope this is enough info.[/list]

EDIT: i'm looking at a CXi model. since i don't really need air-conditioning and power windows. for an added $1000 - $2000 on the cost of the car its not worth it

thanks

Hatch: A good little car for two (you and your chick). The VTi-R is a 'hot-hatch' with good performance, reliability etc. Lesser models also have the potential to be a 'hot-hatch' with mods etc. Practicality is good for a 2-door and would accomodate to passengers in the back with relative ease. Good space in the boot.

Sedan: Perhaps the most common version of the EK Civic. A good practical sedan.

Coupe: The best looking out of the 3 (in my opinion) and definitely the most exclusive by far (not that many around, especially the VTi-R).
    A good looking car with the ability to sit 4 adults fairly comfortably (should be the same as the hatch?) with a generous sized boot.

I hope this gives you an idea on what you're after.

Cheers!

SiR.

thanks SiR
    i'm definately going to be looking at a coupe. (saw one in hot 4's, and it did look like a rare car)

so will be looking at the coupe and than the hatch. depending on availability.

thanks

Member Array
    Coupe = Looks, rare and more expensive then the hatch, lowest model is the GLi so you'll have to live with the AC :wink:

Hatch = Best for Stereo, lot's around

i like the coupe's....but jap style EK9 look alikes are hot! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jnr Teggy
    i like the coupe's....but jap style EK9 look alikes are hot! 8)
    hey,
    since your from sydney, can you give me good places to checkout for civic's?

would it be better to go to an auction? or the trading post?

thanks

tip....buy privately and allow to spend more than you want

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    I know i'm probably biased, but i'll never go hatch again after grabbing my EG Civic Sedan.
    Stero installation = 100x better for a sedan. I have a 12" sub in a 63L box in the boot, and still plenty of room (over half the boot) for everything else. U cant do that in a hatch.
    ive got the VTi, which came with p/s, a/c, power sunroof, p/w. My gf loves the sedan over the hatchback becuase of all the room, the front is huge and the back is comfortable ur friends, and having 4 doors makes easy access for dumping bags or whatever u want in there.. Standard was a 4speaker stereo, which made easy install for 6" drivers in the front.

Just something to think about.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    You should only be driving 1 passanger in your car :P

Weq, Hatches are generally a better car for stereos as your stereo are in a single cabin unlike a sedan where the sub box are generally in the boot.

Yes, a sedan is better in terms of space and having 4 doors will make it easier if you drive friends/family alot.

I can tell you that the front passanger space is the same in the coupe, sedan and the hatch as I previously owned an EK Sedan, my GF has a EK coupe, and I have a EK Hatch.

Member Array
    Car:
    LS Teg

looks good to me....

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz_syd
    this one looks better and is a COUPE

http://onlineshowoff.com/member_phot.../5068&id=6
    Nice but the wing is WAY too big.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq