Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    i reckon Type R = N/A
    They should call this Type T instead.

Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    dislike. No thanks.
    Type R is based upon N/A. That's honda's heritage. Stick to what they do best.
    If they wanna do a turbo car, at least make it RWD but this Type R will be FWD... Will have a crap load or torque steer and understeer i bet probably... thats if it remains FWD which they most likely will as they will want to keep $$$ down
    Car looks epic but ya couldnt agree more I always thought Honda was against Turbo's but I guees there is only so much power you can extract from a 2.0 litre engine before you cant comply with emission laws.
    guees were going to hear a lot of TURBO JUST LET VTEC KICK IN YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    yeh i saw an old jdm import legend v6 turbo wtf haha..
    How many golf gti's do u see on the road versus type r's ? Plus 5 door appeals to young famillies which is prob half thd golf's market honda is here to sell cars not keep us fanboys happy lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    they had a legend in 1989 with an interesting 'wing' turbo plus the venerable City Turbo in 1982 and later the 'bulldog' City Turbo II.
    also an Acura RDX from 2007 in the US.

Car looks good from the front, not sure on the rear. Keen on the turbo but I do agree that a Type R should be a high revving, lightweight, atmo beast.
    Read the first line of the thread and also thought immediately of the City Turbo!

Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    Still imagine the torque from it+ its turbo so a lot more potential
    Plus I think it will sound a lot more meaner.

Couldn't they just try and make the car lighter thus improving power, efficiency and all as well? wouldn't that help them comply with Euro emission laws.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    hellooo tiny turbo and 3psi boost
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    hellooo tiny turbo and 3psi boost
    Hello boost controller, 15psi and ecu tune, only reason they would run low boost is due to the high compression, much like all new cars

Bout time honda made a turbo car! Vtec with turbo can only end well
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    Hello boost controller, 15psi and ecu tune, only reason they would run low boost is due to the high compression, much like all new cars

Bout time honda made a turbo car! Vtec with turbo can only end well
    You dont see a lot of turbocharged cars with dual VVT setup like the i-Vtec (Porsche and BMW does it, but I call gimmicks, and they are continuously variable VVT's anyway, not the locked/stepped setup like VTEC). I don't actually think it's necessary..... Since VVT is helping to get fuel and air in the cylinders... and FI does the same thing... It's like having a big hammer (Forced Induction) and a small hammer (VVT), I don't know if you actually NEED both, since a lot of folks turbocharging civic engines end up locking the valve/cams to 'OPEN' anyway?

Case in point, look at the K23A1, the turbocharged K-series in the Acura RDX.
    - No Vtec on exhaust side
    - Intake side Vtec is vastly different from the rest of the K-series as well... it's not really a VTEC even on the intake side
    Last edited by Fredoops; 10-10-2011 at 12:01 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

I always thought the point of a civic type R was a quick and nimble high revving pocket rocket. Wouldn't forced induction change this a bit?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by sexy_shazam View Post
    I always thought the point of a civic type R was a quick and nimble high revving pocket rocket. Wouldn't forced induction change this a bit?
    it'll change... completely
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    it'll change... completely
    but if its a small low down turbo wouldn't that mean you can hit the higher rev ranges and VTEC can kick in sooner which would be a good thing right? or is going turbo more problems than its worth?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by sexy_shazam View Post
    but if its a small low down turbo wouldn't that mean you can hit the higher rev ranges and VTEC can kick in sooner which would be a good thing right? or is going turbo more problems than its worth?
    When turbocharger give boost, the VTEC has to turn to it's OPEN/HIGH profile to allow the air in (tech heads welcome to correct me), so you're bascially VTEC'in the moment Turbo starts to work....