Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    good thing honda finaly make turbo .. so it will very easy to play with power this time

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    well if they're not gonna add more power from factory to match the renaults or vw Rs, then i hope it will be much cheaper than them and have the potential for big gains with some aftermarket tuning

Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    where does it say it has VTEC engine?? it might have a non-vtec low compression engine to accommodate the turbo, is thats the case, it will have a huge tuning potential
    Don't all Honda engines now come with some form of VTEC?

My understanding is that the Civic Type R hatch is built and designed and all in Europe in the Swindon factory right?
    What would be the difference if the factory had nothing to do with the car and the entire car was designed, engineered and built in Japan or Thailand?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by sexy_shazam View Post
    Don't all Honda engines now come with some form of VTEC?

My understanding is that the Civic Type R hatch is built and designed and all in Europe in the Swindon factory right?
    What would be the difference if the factory had nothing to do with the car and the entire car was designed, engineered and built in Japan or Thailand?
    sure do, infact majority of main stream engines from most manufactures have some form of variable timing simply because it reduces fuel consumption, and odds are they will incorporate the vtec system within there new engine.....
    IF it had Direct injection, that would be a bonus.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    sure do, infact majority of main stream engines from most manufactures have some form of variable timing simply because it reduces fuel consumption, and odds are they will incorporate the vtec system within there new engine.....
    IF it had Direct injection, that would be a bonus.
    Like the K23 turbo in the states, it'll have "Vtec" but not in the traditional sense, I read somewhere it's missing some of the VTEC components to accommodate the turbo, hence some people call it "half a VTEC"
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    ITT: Honda fanboys not accepting reality.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Seems Mitsubishi is going in another direction with the next evo with diesel hybrid

http://performancedrive.com.au/mitsu...irmed-by-2014/

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    electric motor....
    500NM avail from 0 rpm.... go figure.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Heres something interesting while were on a turbo hatch topic

concept only

I dont know if this turbo civic type r could even match it...

"As reported earlier here www.themotorreport.com.au, the R version of the off-the-wall Juke compact SUV is driven by the GT-R's twin-turbo 3.8 litre twin-turbo V6.
    In GT-R form, the big turbo six produces 390kW and 612Nm of torque. For the Juke-R, Nissan's engineers have pulled power back to a still impressive 358kW - a good deal more thrust than its normal 1.6 litre engine.
    Nissan says it will build two examples of the turbocharged all-wheel-drive Juke-R, one in left-hand-drive and one for the right."
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    ^^ Thats the reason why a change in the game is always good. new age boy-racers...
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    I gotta feeling it'll work like a turbo mivec. A big cam to get the turbo spoiling in the low revs. And a small cam for the high revs to eliminate valve overlap, so the boost won't just blow out the exhaust port before the exhaust valve closes.
    touge is my style, F@CK your style!