Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    dislike. No thanks.
    Type R is based upon N/A. That's honda's heritage. Stick to what they do best.
    If they wanna do a turbo car, at least make it RWD but this Type R will be FWD... Will have a crap load or torque steer and understeer i bet probably... thats if it remains FWD which they most likely will as they will want to keep $$$ down
    Rear looks ugly as hell i must say....
    Totally agree... Fwd turbo is just gay.
    U need the progressive power of an na or at least a supercharger to lay the power down.

Even when u drive a powerful Honda. It will be like driving on lubricant compared to all or rear wheel drive
    Last edited by BlitZ; 09-11-2011 at 07:46 AM.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Honda should just bring back:
    1/ LSD
    2/ lighter chasis
    3/ high revs
    4/ cornering ability

All this is lost..

Maybe byp can do a k24 swap for u if u buy this turbo version? Strip it down maybe too?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    U need the progressive power of an na or at least a supercharger to lay the power down.

Even when u drive a powerful Honda. It will be like driving on lubricant compared to all or rear wheel drive
    are you serious? i drive a positive displacement supercharged b20vtec in a dc2 and the low down torque from idle is KY jelly X 10. s/c is too much torque too early, but you gotta have the taste for it. or did you mean a centrifugal supercharger?
    Last edited by Touge Tom; 09-11-2011 at 09:18 AM.
    touge is my style, F@CK your style!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 x2
    First ever Honda turbo car?
    Honda city pro-t?
    hondadynamiks - ADELAIDE

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by HONTUNE View Post
    First ever Honda turbo car?
    Honda city pro-t?
    And Acura ZDX...
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by Touge Tom View Post
    are you serious? i drive a positive displacement supercharged b20vtec in a dc2 and the low down torque from idle is KY jelly X 10. s/c is too much torque too early, but you gotta have the taste for it. or did you mean a centrifugal supercharger?
    but its all relative to the power of the turbo and/or supercharger..

Supercharger will be may more predicatble through a corner and is controlled by your foot..

Whereas turbo... god knows that happens mid corner

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    Yeah, all relative to throttle position.
    touge is my style, F@CK your style!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    The turbos used on todays modern cars are usually variable vane which don't have the issue of spooling up. No more turbo lag, so it is actually just as progressive as a tuned NA engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    And Acura ZDX...
    Acura RDX. The ZDX uses an NA J37 engine.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by Symphorced View Post
    ITT: Honda fanboys not accepting reality.
    Yup.

N/A is there heritage, stick to what you know best.
    I see this car having major mechanical problems, sorry to say guys.
    Hope im wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    should've been built with Mugen Supercharger instead, if they really want to go boost.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20
    To everyone who's crying into their milk over Honda going Turbo (or maybe supercharged): there are only 2 options for Honda. Either make performance cars with forced induction, or don't do performance cars at all.

Stricter emissions standards simply do not allow for NA high outputs as Honda has produced in the past. Yes, that is the Type-R heritage, no there is no future in it. Honda has to move on - and by hopefully applying the same engineering standards as in the past, they can do a kick arse car and redefine the Type-R badge along the way.

Hell, look at BMW with the M3. Started out 2.5 four cylinder, then went screaming six, then V8. Now they have to go back to 6 cylinder Turbo (next model). Similar story with M5 - have to go from V10 to V8 Turbo. Same reason.

If Ford, Renault and VW can do Turbo FWD that can get power down and handle brilliantly then I'm pretty confident Honda can do the same. Whether they will or not is another question. I at least want Honda to give it a crack and stop disadvantaging themselves by not using turbo or supercharging, direct injection, revo-knuckles, LSD or any other technology of clear benefit for the sake of heritage or whatever other excuse anyone can think of.

I just want Honda to pull their finger out.