Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    cvt doesnt feel mushy at all, imo a regular auto feels mushy because of the way its not always in the gear u want, the CVT is always holding you at a spot for best torque and such

I've driven manual for 14 years in a car and on a motorbike :P. Definately prefer it but the girlfriend has knee problems so she refuses to drive one.

congrats on ur purchase Krushall, now any plans for it??

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Krushull View Post
    I've driven manual for 14 years in a car and on a motorbike :P. Definately prefer it but the girlfriend has knee problems so she refuses to drive one.
    tell her to get her own LOL

well when the dealer finally delivers it.. no major plans. Might rice it up a bit

Really want to put a rear spoiler on it though, definately makes a big difference to the look of the Jazz imo.
    Last edited by Krushull; 13-10-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    cvt doesnt feel mushy at all, imo a regular auto feels mushy because of the way its not always in the gear u want, the CVT is always holding you at a spot for best torque and such
    *shrugg*

I've always had a manual car, and i've been on the road pushing 20 yrs now, (hell...), hate autos. That said, i've not driven the CVT in the jazz, but the ones i have driven were poo.

our VW Tiguan has the 6speed DSG, and it's awesome. fast gear change, auto hold, (applys the brakes while stopped, and as soon as it detects movement disengages), which = fast @ the lights... but i'd rather a manual.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    in the S mode CVT really quicks ass, if u blip the throttle and then accelerate the revs auto jump and the acceleratioon is almost instant.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Cannondale Rush 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ss-rotel View Post
    our VW Tiguan has the 6speed DSG, and it's awesome. fast gear change, auto hold, (applys the brakes while stopped, and as soon as it detects movement disengages), which = fast @ the lights... but i'd rather a manual.
    Well the current DSG, and the one before that, are sooo much advanced now than, say, 9 years ago when the original Jazz was released back in late 2002. But in any instance, it's unfair to compare cars in that different price range and categories... not that you were comparing, rather than just giving your example/experience.

Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    in the S mode CVT really quicks ass, if u blip the throttle and then accelerate the revs auto jump and the acceleratioon is almost instant.
    If you ever take the Jazz onto a track day (just for fun and which I have done so in the past) then putting the CVT into S mode, with paddle shift, is blooooody fun! When in S it keeps the revs at least 3,500rpm, so once you need to power out of a corner, you're instantly in the Jazz's pulling range of at least 4,000 rpm till redline.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE888 View Post

If you ever take the Jazz onto a track day (just for fun and which I have done so in the past) then putting the CVT into S mode, with paddle shift, is blooooody fun! When in S it keeps the revs at least 3,500rpm, so once you need to power out of a corner, you're instantly in the Jazz's pulling range of at least 4,000 rpm till redline.
    I like this

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    the cvt is a lot more fun, with a lot more torque and energy. normal auto driving is a bit dull, but the jazz does have a lot of gut to it when put right.