Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help with buying a new Jazz

Hey All

After narrowing down the car I want to buy to a Jazz after our Civic was written off a few weeks ago I was wondering what the current deals are like for the Jazz? We are looking at a newer model 10/11 VTi but only have around 18k to spend and preferably need an Auto. Don't mind if it has a few k's on it but not too many, maybe an ex demo etc.

Am I dreaming or is that a possible deal at the moment with runouts happening?

Cheers for any assistance

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    maybe not a 10/11 year try an 08-09 got a decent chance.
    the new ones all look the same to me.

for about 14k i think u can get a second hand one.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Cannondale Rush 4
    Krushull, are you in Sydney?

I might be in the market for a new Jazz in this month, and if I was to proceed, maybe we could hit a dealer and bargain hard if we get two cars at once.

Hi Krushall,
    I think you can get a new 2011 Gli, basic paint, auto for $19k. (From honda.com.au)
    http://jazz.honda.com.au/range-pricing.aspx
    With that being said though, you could always look at second hand VTi's.
    I'm pretty sure that anything before 2009 you'll be able to find around 18k.
    I suggest the newer GE models (after 2008) as opposed to the GD
    the GE's got a facelift this year but a pre facelift VTI looks heaps better than a facelifted Gli.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    we already know he wants a GE despite that GD's have more of a following and better gearbox.

should be very easy to pick up a 08-10 model VTi for under 18k

Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    we already know he wants a GE despite that GD's have more of a following and better gearbox.

should be very easy to pick up a 08-10 model VTi for under 18k
    beg to differ, gd cvt gearbox is a puddle of misery... manual is indifferent

yeah, OP wanted auto which means CVT. and CVT has had a bad reputation (for GD models)

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yeh in some cases, but mine still works fine, and the CVT transmission with the 7 speed mode is perfectly matched for the jazz's engine.
    i recognise that the CVT has had a bad rep but if you buy a second hand CVT GD3 from a honda dealer with warranty your in pretty good hands.

Thanks for all the responses. In the end I bit the bullet and chucked a deposit on a brand new Jazz auto MY12 VTi. $21500 drive away with a few extras, not the best deal out there and fair way over budget but after driving it just had to get one. Sure beats the i30 rental I am currently driving around.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    man a horse n cart would beat an i30 :P

Too right. The gearbox in the i30 makes the Jazz's feel like a dream, it seems to get confused no matter what you tell it to do. Feels like your in a manual car with a 90 year old L plater driving it.

meh... learn to drive manual

it's a CVT, all CVT's feel mushy... it's a shame you can't a DSG like the VW boxes...