Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: new NSX

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by sexy_shazam View Post
    I honestly wish they would slap a v8 or v10 or offer 2 models. Think about it with a v8 you have a nice amount of lower power and then when you hit higher in the rev range VTEC kicks in and lets you rape everything.

What I want to know though is if your just taking this car for a cruise can it power itself just of the 2 front wheels? thus deactivating the rear engine?
    It really depends on how honda designs the whole electric motor system, too many what if's atm, they could implement the kers system like in F1 or they could make it a constant power source where theres always power feeding the motors there fore making a AWD car, but this could also lead to a 4WD design, where the front motors are only active when its pushed to the limits there fore limiting its use on a daily basis much like the GTR, meaning its a rwd until theres traction loss than the computer will determain how much power to send to the front wheels to correct the steering, angle etc etc.....

As far as making it a fwd or full electric for that matter, that wont be happening, lol, unless they implement some sort of battery packs in the car , so u can run the car purely on electricity than i doubt it will jus run on electricity juice on a daily basis..... Actually come to think of it, Honda should learn a thing or two from Porsche with there racing Hybrid 911 car

It might even end up being much like the CRZ for all we know, atm its nothing but pure speculations.... for the time being, still waiting on the new civic type-R turbo
    Last edited by mugen_ctr; 09-10-2011 at 11:25 PM.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    It really depends on how honda designs the whole electric motor system, too many what if's atm, they could implement the kers system like in F1 or they could make it a constant power source where theres always power feeding the motors there fore making a AWD car, but this could also lead to a 4WD design, where the front motors are only active when its pushed to the limits there fore limiting its use on a daily basis much like the GTR, meaning its a rwd until theres traction loss than the computer will determain how much power to send to the front wheels to correct the steering, angle etc etc.....

As far as making it a fwd or full electric for that matter, that wont be happening, lol, unless they implement some sort of battery packs in the car , so u can run the car purely on electricity than i doubt it will jus run on electricity juice on a daily basis..... Actually come to think of it, Honda should learn a thing or two from Porsche with there racing Hybrid 911 car

It might even end up being much like the CRZ for all we know, atm its nothing but pure speculations.... for the time being, still waiting on the new civic type-R turbo
    If i remember correctly i think the article said batteries were being installed on the car and you can also plug it into a power point to charge it. Would make the car the perfect super car cause you can run it on the batteries making it economical or both when your wanting more power.

If there is any company that can do this system well i honestly reckon Honda are the ones I do hope that it lives up to its name though as there isn't really any proper sports cars in hondas current line up and with them out of F1 I do hope this car will allow them to show that they haven't lost their touch.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    I hate electric cars, theyre fukn gay as a bag of dicks.

Nissan made a new gtr thats battling the high end of the performance car market, so hopefully honda get a piece of the action with a proper engine, n/a or turbo

Id lyk to see a honda v8 street car.. Or a turbo 6
    snapping 2nd..

Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post

Nissan made a new gtr thats battling the high end of the performance car market, so hopefully honda get a piece of the action with a proper engine, n/a or turbo

Couldn't agree more with the idea of a v8. Why can't they save the planet another day and for now give us one last petrol driven beast before the entire range gets converted to hybrids.

The thing is at 200k I can't understand why someone who cares about the environment would buy a car like this when they can get a Tesla?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Couldn't agree more with the idea of a v8. Why can't they save the planet another day and for now give us one last petrol driven beast before the entire range gets converted to hybrids.

The thing is at 200k I can't understand why someone who cares about the environment would buy a car like this when they can get a Tesla?
    VTEC is dinosaur technology now tho.

Everyone has VVT in their engines, and most of them are more advanced than the Honda VTEC (eg: BMW VANOS, VW VVT used in Lambo, or FIAT Multiair)

For Honda to 'catch up' on the technology stakes they had to come up with something new and better, turbocharging was never honda's thing. I mean porsche has that department licked with their variable geometry turbochargers

i-VTEC is years behind BMW VANOS and even further behind Fiat Multiair in terms of technology and innovation.

And they canned advanced-VTEC 5 years ago.

lits be honest... they got nothing at the moment but hybrid tech.

Not that it's a bad thing, electric motors can acheive 90% energy efficiency, and SIGNIFICANT torque figures, I remember Toyota planned to have a hybrid corolla rally car that produces over 1200nm of torque, from electric motors hooked up to batteries and a 1.8 liter engine.

another advantage of electic motor is less moving parts, less mechanical parts to go wrong. no need for a mechanical LSD or Yaw control, they all can be done electronically.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    The only way i see this being a cheaper super car much like the GTR is slapping a pair of snails and pumping out as much power as u can, combine with a complex electric motors to make it 4wd, than putting it in a well sorted out chassis, than u got a winner.....

The main problem with battery tech atm is the whole charging stage. A normal charge if i remember on TG, is what 8 hours? and if using a quick charge will hurt the life of the battery, so really, from now till 2014, honda has to come up with a new way to quick charge batteries without damaging them and quick charge em in a short amount of period if they persist on keeping battery powered
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

the thing is electric does generate a good amount of torque which is good but apart from the batteries its also the range. Think tesla motors and the prius and current Insight how far on the batteries can you go? now imagine driving at say 200km/h i can't imagine current battery battery technology let alone technology that comes out within the next 2 years to allow you to be able to drive more then a couple of metres at that speed.

Hence why i feel the NSX unless it can overcome these issues needs to have a normal v10 or v8 so should you feel that the battery and petrol engine combo is not for you there is always a powerful petrol engine to select from. This way they decrease the risk of failure.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    the thing is electric does generate a good amount of torque which is good but apart from the batteries its also the range. Think tesla motors and the prius and current Insight how far on the batteries can you go? now imagine driving at say 200km/h i can't imagine current battery battery technology let alone technology that comes out within the next 2 years to allow you to be able to drive more then a couple of metres at that speed.

Hence why i feel the NSX unless it can overcome these issues needs to have a normal v10 or v8 so should you feel that the battery and petrol engine combo is not for you there is always a powerful petrol engine to select from. This way they decrease the risk of failure.
    or they could have a gasoline engine as a permenent charger for the electric motors/batteries
    IE: Chevy Volt / That Jag concept supercar
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    or they could have a gasoline engine as a permenent charger for the electric motors/batteries
    IE: Chevy Volt / That Jag concept supercar
    sort of like what an alternator does? I thought that at first but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having the electric motors? if you have a choice why run a car of batteries that are powered by a v6 engine then power the same car via a more powerful engine? If they actually do this and claim its for the environment I'm going to laugh so hard.

Member Array
    Car:
    grey 94' EGG
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post

same here, hate hybrid sport cars, if i wanted to be a hollywood wanabe / follower then id get a prius.... but for God sake honda V8 and above

If they released something like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_HSV-010_GT for 200k i reckon it would sell and put up a god fight with the upper cars like ferrari

The thing as well with this although the GTR is a great car some people will miss it due to the badge. I reckon the Honda badge has more strength to it and if the car actually looks like a super car then it will attract more people.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    sort of like what an alternator does? I thought that at first but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having the electric motors? if you have a choice why run a car of batteries that are powered by a v6 engine then power the same car via a more powerful engine? If they actually do this and claim its for the environment I'm going to laugh so hard.
    Its still more efficient than having the petrol/diesel engine drive the wheels.

Gasoline engines powering the wheels work at approx 20% efficiency, gasoline electrical generatior work about approx 95% efficiency (the figures abit fuzzy but Ive read it from a engineering book years ago), go figure

Batteries act as a capacitor and storage of energy when not needed, and the engine can stop/start according to the needs of the electric motors.

Think of a diesel train, the diesel engine in a diesel train is no bigger than a Mack truck, yet a diesel locomotive can tow 5-10 times the load, thats because the diesel engine doesnt drive the wheels