Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro

[CL9] - sounds like a slurpee

ok so i have a mystery sound in my engine and cannot for the life of me figure it out. it is most vocal between 2.7k and 4k revs. happens mainly when i first start out when its cold and and happens both when the engine is under load and when the car is in neutral.

the sound it makes is similar to that of when you try to suck that last bit of liquid through a straw and it is a slurping sound but more metallic and deeper sounding.

what i've ruled out is it is not cv related as will happen when the car is stationary. im confident it isnt transmission related as noise still happens when car is in neutral.

what makes it harder to identify is it will rarely happen after a few kms when the engine is warm.

any ideas??

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 with B18c2
    normally i would say Thrust Bearing but i not sure if ur car is auto or manual ..
    DA9 B18c2
    http://www.facebook.com/RisingSunBaseJumping
    Base Jumping & Wingsuit Flying is my LIFE

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro
    its a manual... and very rarely the car will let out a wine like something in the clutch area is sticking and revs jump to 2k from idle for about a second then everything resumes back to normal. not sure if the 2 problems could be related.

EDIT: ok after some quick research issue 2 seems to be the clutch release bearing sticking.
    Last edited by fmx990; 08-10-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 x2
    Could be spigot bearing in the fly wheel.
    hondadynamiks - ADELAIDE