Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5

Subwoofer good to go?

I have a few plugs in my boot where the previous owner had an amp and subwoofer installed so was wondering if I'd be able to just pretty much plug and play now?

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    More details needed.

What do you mean by 'plugs'?

What gauge is the wiring? What are you intending to put in? (more specifically, details of amp/s & sub/s. plus, fuse ratings of the amp/s.)
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    I'll have to get a photo of them but I'm really not sure yet. Whats the best way to pick a setup? Just bought a new headunit but have plans for a subwoofer and amp soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    There's no 'best' way. Just come up with a budget and work from there. Speak to Marty at FHRX about a proposed system. Also, ask if the current wiring in your car will be compatible with it. Hopefully your new headunit will provide enough RCA outputs & competent processing without the need to get another...

Not sure what you mean by 'plugs' but don't worry about taking a picture, as Marty will know if they're necessary or not.

www.fhrxstudios.com
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    If you're lucky it will be plug and play. I always like to replace all my cables to new ones but to each their own. You should still do some tracing to make sure you know what you are connecting to what. Last car I bought the guy ran ground with red and black as positive..........................

Good luck!

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Not sure when I'll be able to get out that far unfortunately, may need to find somewhere local. And yeah I see where your coming from, fresh new install may be the best idea.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Any thoughts on this setup?

Headunit: Pioneer DEH-2350UB (Installed already) http://www.ryda.com.au/Pioneer-DEH-2.../deh2350ub.htm
    Amp: Pioneer GM-3500T 2 Channel Car Amplifier $118 http://www.ryda.com.au/Pioneer-GM-35...-p/gm3500t.htm
    Sub: Pioneer TS-W309S4 12" Subwoofer $152 http://www.ryda.com.au/Pioneer-TS-W3...p/tsw309s4.htm

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Bumpin'

Just a lil guide for you. Only use Pioneer for headunits, that's it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    Not reading between the lines or noticing little details again nightkids? he already has a head unit installed.

Btw, IDV8, by 'plugs' did you mean the RCA's? Did the previous owner leave behind any power wiring for you or only these 'plugs'?

Other subwoofer options may be an Alpine Type-S or JL W1.

Amps, with that budget you'd definitely have to stick to a 2 channel (that one in your link will be fine). Just make sure when you get a sub that it gives a final impedance of 4ohm (so svc 4ohm or dvc 2ohm) as that pioneer 2-channel isnt 2ohm stable.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by arverson View Post
    Not reading between the lines or noticing little details again nightkids? he already has a head unit installed.

I think he was trying to say disregard the pioneer sub and amp.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    ahhh fair enough. my mistake. in that case id agree.