Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click, Click, Click Noise - EG

Hey guys, got this problem for along time now and never actually took time to find out what it is.

When I reverse and turn the steering wheel nearly all the way and reverse out. It makes this click, click, click noise. It sounds like it near the wheels like the joints etc....

Anyone know what the cause of this problem, what the problem is, how much it would be to fix, is the problem dangerous if I don't fix it and how? What will I need to change and fix and how much would it cost?

Ta!

Your CV's are rooted. Google it, it'll give you an idea what it is
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

Member Array
    Car:
    EB2
    yeh get your cv joints checked out, your mechanic would be able to give you an idea of costs. good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    If you do need new cv joints, they are cheap like for the pair less than $200 and do it yourself [ second hand or reconditioned] . Easy in and out here's a link that will help.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKw9A0E520A
    Last edited by DakDak; 10-10-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    this might help you understand abit about cv joints hope it helps

Front-wheel-drive vehicles transfer the power from the transmission to the wheels through drive axle assemblies. These drive axles have constant-velocity (CV) joints at each end. The joints are protected by rubber boots whose purpose is to keep contaminants out and lubricant in. Cracks or tears in the boot can lead to CV joint failure, as can normal wear and tear. Signs of worn or damaged CV joints include lubricant leaks, clicking sounds during turning, clunks during acceleration or abrupt deceleration and frontend vibrations.

Replace

Cracks or tears in the boot can lead to CV joint failure, as can normal wear and tear.Drive axle boots and CV joints can be serviced. However, the job often requires special tools. Because the drive axles must be removed to service the joints anyway, replacing the entire assembly with a rebuilt unit is worth considering. It's certainly quicker and easier than rebuilding the boots and joints. Depending on vehicle, a replacement drive axle assembly can be surprisingly affordable, and removal/replacement is entirely achievable for the average do-it-yourselfer mechanic.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    i wouldnt even bother replacing the joints, just do the whole shaft.

Easier, no mess, you dont have to worry about getting grease everywhere

pick up a set of 2nd hand shafts from a wrecker for 100 bucks.
    to see all of my build, checkout

^
    as above, i picked up a set for my Si for 80 bucks a piece
    team.gradeA

more smart. more safe. moreTEIN

Member Array
    Car:
    smashed crx =]
    pm me if you want it replaced

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    I am pretty sure my cv boot has a rip in it because my wheel well has grease all over the inside if the rim.

So you suggest replacing the whole axle for that side? Should I do both sides? And is there anyone to help me in Melbourne?? I have a dc2
    '97 Teg VTi-R - GONE :'( -> '08 CU2

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressCoffee View Post
    I am pretty sure my cv boot has a rip in it because my wheel well has grease all over the inside if the rim.

So you suggest replacing the whole axle for that side? Should I do both sides? And is there anyone to help me in Melbourne?? I have a dc2
    depends on the how the joints are and how long the boot has been split for..youve probably lost all the grease therfore the joints are gonna wear quite quickly, depending on wheere you go id say round 80 to 100 to reco a shaft but more if there pulling it out...hope that helps

Banned Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    i wouldnt even bother replacing the joints, just do the whole shaft.

Easier, no mess, you dont have to worry about getting grease everywhere

pick up a set of 2nd hand shafts from a wrecker for 100 bucks.

this man knows what his doing... its cheaper aswell ive seen pair go for $90

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm18c View Post
    depends on the how the joints are and how long the boot has been split for..youve probably lost all the grease therfore the joints are gonna wear quite quickly, depending on wheere you go id say round 80 to 100 to reco a shaft but more if there pulling it out...hope that helps
    I noticed it about a bit over a month ago? Is that bad??

What wreckers would have spare Integra parts?
    '97 Teg VTi-R - GONE :'( -> '08 CU2