Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15

i think i'm going to sell my car

i really don't want to. i really love my baby, but i think i have to sell it.

Think it's time to grow up and put my money towards my future.

It's just a tough position to be in as my car still needs a respray and new roof.

I need to get it resprayed and a new roof before anyone would consider buying it. But by the time i spend the money on getting that done i wont get even a quarter of what i've already spent on the car, it'll be soo clean and perfect that i wouldnt be able to let go of it. i could've bought 2 s2ks with what i've spent.

It's had it's diff replaced, gearbox replaced, clutch replaced, brakes replaced, heavy duty axles, starter motor replaced and BC Racing Coils. The sweetest sound system i paid 3000 for, even when the top is off, cruising on the highway, i hear it loud and clear. I've got a new set of wheels on the way from WORK Japan. Paid 3gs for wheels and tyres from here.

I want to leave work and go back to school and study and eventually be 100 times wealthier than i am now so i can actually buy an AP2 s2 and spend as much money on it as i can without stress of being broke!

I dunno, i'm not posting this as an ad, therefore i didn't put it in the cars for sale post. Just thought i'd share my current situation.

let me know what you guys think.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    I know where your coming from man... wanting to spend on your car but at the same time trying to balance the little cash you have left. But I'm actually on the same boat as you. I'm 19 currently working atm, trying not to spend all my money on my S and trying to invest in some property or save for the future, but I too am thinking of leaving work and studying for the exact same reason =p.

To be honest though, you've spent so much on your car that it's not really worth selling (because of how much you'll lose). But I understand it's hard to make a choice whether to let it go or not. How bout you just fix what's left to fix and keep it, work for a couple more months to save a bit more cash then decide whether you really do want to continue studying.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    well done for being 'mature' but dont forget, you're only young once....

If you are smart, you can have your cake and eat it too.

Are both you guys on your P's? Hence, isn't it a little too early to be thinking about the future and buying house? lol
    that's just my thoughts as I'm same age as well, and loving life with the s2k.

Hey man after reading your situation, I know it's a little bit hard but maybe leave the paint as is fix the top and use the car for whatever it's still got left? Just make sure you touch up so no rusting happens? I know it sounds stuffed but it's probably the best for you to save towards the next car?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Maybe i should add that i pulled out a 30g loan for this car end of last year. i still owe over 25gs for it, because any money that i have had come in to pay it off has had to be spent on other crap!! this car should have been payed off by now. but no, everything had to stuff up on it! lol. my luck is cursed.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Even if i sell it, i will still be left with a debt and no car!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPS View Post
    Even if i sell it, i will still be left with a debt and no car!!
    Exactly =p why don't you just fix what's left to be fixed and keep the car then start paying off your debt.. unless of course there's still a **** load to fix.. then you can sell the car and put the money towards your debt lol

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Ok i think i've made up my mind. Gonna start living like the biggest broke tight arrse barstard! get mommy to make me lunch for work. wake up early have my proper brekky in the morning. take fruit and snacks from home. no more alcohol. no more going out and eating take away. maybe one a month and thats it.!! start saving my but off! i'm going to fit my new wheels onto my car, sell my old mags. eventually fix the roof and then thats it. no more mods, just save save save.!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Good luck anyways man!, save but have as much fun as you can in the meantime
    -Miss Revhead-

www.wholesalesuspension.com.au

goodluck man you'll pull through!

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Thanks guys! i need a lot of good luck!