Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tiksie again.

this is what i did now got a k on the weekend ill post pics of the new tucked bay

missing spark plug leads thats it not very hard to do just take your time and if your game like i was i made a whole new loom
    DON'T GET RIPPED OFF DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    really unless you are doing car shows its a waste of time and just a fad imo
    most people that do it, know what they are doing to a certain degree and know how to work on their cars without paying some one

Member Array
    Car:
    '92 EG Civic VTi
    I did a tuck so the damned wires wouldn't get in my way when I work on the car. It has a bit of functional use to it...Doesn't look 1/2 bad either...But I only did a 1/2 tuck so yeah.

If you want to do it, it's much easier with the engine out and all your wires hanging in their glory. I did mine whilst the motor was in, but that takes a bit of patience. Cut, sleeve, extend, solder, shrink wrap, zip tie plug ends over shrink wrap....repeat...over and over...That's the idea. Don't forget to label shit before you start. Black with brown dots are (most of the time) grounds...keep that in mind, especially on the drivers side loom (headlights and all the other little bullshit). You can route most of it under the guards and zip tie to the frame rails. For larger looms like the alternator, battery, fusebox, sensors etc I'd extend them so you can re route them around the engine.

That's just a small part of what I did...a VERY small part. Practice makes perfect. Again, check out honda-tech.com for some good writeups. Wiretucks aren't as popular in AU compared to the US...I can say that much.

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    I'm in the middle of doing a mini tuck on my car.

I took apart the stock loom to bare wires then re-sleeved and wrapped it in braided teflon sleeving.

Very long and tedious task but it looks so much better.

But yeah if you don't know what you're doing its best to leave it stock cos you might accidently cut a wire and then put everything back together only to find out that your car won't start.