Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    you were able to detect traces of hate?

I was merely telling it like it is, just sayin.

you have no idea where to start but you want to attempt major modification of your vehicles electrical system?

just askin....

Lol well I detect some criticism yes, how about instead of spending all this time treating me like a fool, why don't u give me an idea to begin with?

Like would I be correct to say get a new loom, open it up do reveal all the wiring, then start figuring out where exactly I'm going to tuck it all into? What sort of things can I delete like emissions crap ect, I want to keep p/s air con is already gone so I take it I'd delete that from the loom when tucking? Should I salvage stock wiring or use new stuff?? And what sort of braid should I use Yo cover it? Or should I heat sink and how do I heat sink

Quote Originally Posted by sdewyz View Post
    Lol well I detect some criticism yes, how about instead of spending all this time treating me like a fool, why don't u give me an idea to begin with?

Like would I be correct to say get a new loom, open it up do reveal all the wiring, then start figuring out where exactly I'm going to tuck it all into? What sort of things can I delete like emissions crap ect, I want to keep p/s air con is already gone so I take it I'd delete that from the loom when tucking? Should I salvage stock wiring or use new stuff?? And what sort of braid should I use Yo cover it? Or should I heat sink and how do I heat sink
    I would suggest you attempt to install fog lights, air horns successfully before you attempt a wire tuck.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    sdewyz where are you located?
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by sdewyz View Post
    Lol Yo don't hate on me. I'll admit I'm not the most car literate person out there I really want to do it.
    It's irrelevant to how easy it is to do I want to do it I'm a pretty handy guy like carpenter by trade so yeah, just want a little direction if u get me.
    Just I don't even know where to start :/
    start by downloading a service manual for your car and study the electrical section
    know where every pins in your ecu goes and you will be fine.

thats the main thing to tuck/re-sleeve harness like rywire.
    the rest is just common sense. (un-strip existing loom, clean, order new sleeve if resleeving, chop/extend/solder wires)

after you finish, use multi meter to check continuity at every pin in ecu
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

inb4cardoesn'twork

located in sydney boys

we'll see bludger

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Just order a rywire tuck loom for simplicity and save time. It's all plug and play
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    ^^ rywire.com

get a b series mill spec harness for eg..or d series if you have d..or whatever.

its a quality kit. worth the money especially if you don't know a thing about wires n looms..its not easy to do if you don't know what your doing.. very easy to mess things up!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    $600 bux plus shipping for a Rywire harness.. me thinks cut-n-extend is the way to go

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    and thats just for the standalone kit... lol
    BARPPP

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    I've done a small wiretuck on my bay in my S13. Relocated the fuse and battery to the boot, got rid of most of the body harness.

Old picture before the wiring was fed through the guards.. You get the point.

It was my first time re-wiring a whole car and my first time working on a Nissan... First time working on an RB20.... I didn't use any guides on 'wire tucking'.. I just used common sense, looked at where I can conceal wiring and extended. So on and so forth.

If someone asked me how I did it, I would be the last to raise my hand to explain... That shit can't be taught.
    Last edited by tiksie; 13-03-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend