Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Alright got quoted:

*3rd-4th gear Hub, Spring & Sleeve along with a set of 1,2,3,4,5th gear Synchros comes to $569.95

Reasonable?

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    that sounds prettty good to me aye

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm18c View Post
    that sounds prettty good to me aye
    I think it's good to, ordering my set now if anyone wants some of the same set get me a pm maybe we can get a large bulk order Togethor

Member Array
    Car:
    honda camRy
    very good deal mang. good stuff!
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome Abourd You!..

Member Array
    Car:
    EG & DC5R
    I assume this is for a DC2R?
    I'm keen to change all this on my DC5R as well, would you mind sharing where you'll be obtaining the parts from?

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    I assume this is for a DC2R?
    I'm keen to change all this on my DC5R as well, would you mind sharing where you'll be obtaining the parts from?
    I actually
    Am getting them in through my business so if you need anything don't hesitate to pm me and we will get prices from there of what your needing!

Yea this price is for my dc2R gear mate placing an order today/tomorrow so if u want them
    Here by mid next week let me know soon

Member Array
    Car:
    EG & DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by blastnpast View Post
    I actually
    Am getting them in through my business so if you need anything don't hesitate to pm me and we will get prices from there of what your needing!

Yea this price is for my dc2R gear mate placing an order today/tomorrow so if u want them
    Here by mid next week let me know soon
    Thanks mate but I was more or less inquiring out of curiosity Thanks anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    No Worries dude, Yeah give me a yell if you need any parts!

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Synchro tech very convienient one stop shop to get most parts you need for rebuilds.

Not a bad idea to also buy the countershaft needle bearing, countershaft hex nut, diff bearing and mainshaft distance collar on top of your purchase, saving having to pay rrp + leadtime at your honda dealer if you find out you need those parts in a hurry. David Henson very knowledgable and prompt to reply; if the part is not listed just enquire he can source almost anything incl aftermarket FD and gears eg 4.9FD and taller 3.08 1st gear for your dc2r.

Need to be extra careful when installing the carbon synchros as they can be fragile during install ie can chip off at the edges.

The latest full carbon synchros ( carbon coated brass synchros were earlier design still and now obsolete ) are the version 2, version 1 had bigger blocks and version 2 small blocks with stronger bonding to the brass rings beneath. Version 1 phased now by now, but in my case I had a mixture of both when I bought mine few mths back.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Just to Sum this thread up I have went with this combo:

3rd-4th gear Hub, Spring & Sleeve along with a set of 1,2,3,4,5th gear Synchros

+ Stage 1 Excedy heavy duty clutch kit OEM replacement (organic)

I am hoping my box feels wicked after the install! Now to find a reputable gearbox conditioner in SYDNEY

What GB oil do you guys recommend, any one had awesome oil which seriously prevented future issues?

@ EG30, Read your post a little to late might not be able to cram the additional bearings and hex nut in with my parcel, are these parts recommended for piece of mind or are the oem ones known to fk out on me?
    Last edited by blastnpast; 18-10-2011 at 05:51 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    best to get the oem stuff man i think its about 20 a litre.. need 3 to be safe.. cant go wrong with the oem stuff aye

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm18c View Post
    best to get the oem stuff man i think its about 20 a litre.. need 3 to be safe.. cant go wrong with the oem stuff aye
    Great thanks! So places to buy this gold? Any drivable place or just the nearest honda dealer