Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by DC5.Raven View Post
    Yea you may require the revert to the DC5R ecu for compatibility with K-Pro.

Look here:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...DC5S-with-Kpro

As mentioned above, you may want to consider other lighter shells (EG / EK).
    Or you could get the haltech and not have to worry about gettng a type r ecu.
    Eastern Creek 1:50.124 video
    My Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by wokstar88 View Post
    Given that you have to revert to the DC5R ECU with all the O2 sensor and harnesses that you need to buy and replace. How do the guys in America get away with tuning the RSX-S? Surely it can't be that different...
    Facelifted RSX-S (05 -06) will have the same issues as our DC5S.

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    whats your current car ? What class / what series ? What license do you have ? Where do you race ?

Are you serious - considering a type S over a Type R in the first place ?! Are you a student or ?
    whats wrong with the TypeS!!!

If you are going to race it you are always going to change out seats and install a clutch LSD so pretty much on even grounds, K20Z1 flows a little better factory too

Quote Originally Posted by stevanbonic View Post
    whats wrong with the TypeS!!!

If you are going to race it you are always going to change out seats and install a clutch LSD so pretty much on even grounds, K20Z1 flows a little better factory too
    All i mean is a type S is more expensive to begin with

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    hehe true I kind of wish i bought a typeR sometimes lol

tbh, if your making a "race car" it doesn't matter which you pick.
    I'd go witht he DC5R purely because the K Series is a much new motor of the late B Series now... as you can see, most cars that did become equip with the b series, most owners are now swapping over to the new K series purely because better reliability and power. Look at the BYP DC2R and EG, both sporting K Swaps...

Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    You're right, DC2 Type R is RAW and a more race orientated than the conservative DC5R....let them hate, its not our fault our DC2-R is a lot more hardcore to the bone
    Rawness and hardcoreness doesn't translate to track times... Call me biased but the dc5r is a faster car than the dc2r
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type S
    A type r is easier to convert into a race car then a type s. Trust me, its not easy with a type s.
    Eastern Creek 1:50.124 video
    My Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    lets all be honest.

K series > B series
    dc2r > dc5r

k20 dc2r = winning

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    Rawness and hardcoreness doesn't translate to track times... Call me biased but the dc5r is a faster car than the dc2r
    No but rawness translates to the fun factor of a DC2 Type-R which appeals to me. Sure that its faster? have u checked the power to weight ratio of a dc2r vs dc5r? ... If you want track times and a fast car get a RWD or an AWD
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    ^ rskyebaby speaks the truth... plus i dunno doesnt seem right makin dc5 a race car, most of them still have that new car feel and smell.. whereas most dc2r are raped and dont feel bad making it
    "because race car"

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    I remember seeing a few type-S in a production based series awhile back on tv, so ur not the first to do it... but anything can be achieved, weather its DC5R or DC5S, both in my eyes are equal when it comes to production based series, they both use similar engines, and chassis, if ur gonna strip the car for a cage, fia approved seats, harness etc etc, than either one is fine imo

What many fail to see that most production based series dont allow for much mods, if anything tires, suspension, safety harness/cage/seat and few more other things.... , so those who say do this an that, u dont have much understanding for production based series, this aint no unlimited, unrestricted time attack series, but a proper "race" with laps and opponents on the track, not some 3 lap based series where who can get the fastest time....
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC