Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    Quote Originally Posted by applestypes View Post
    Hi stevanbonic. I am only at the build stage. I thought I had a DC5 race shell but I missed out. I keep the forum posted on how the build is going.

Does anybody know who does the best roll cage at a reasonable price?
    that wouldnt be the BYP yellow DC5 shell? If you are serious about building a DC5 then you best take a visit to ClubITR for more relevant input and knowledge

Hi stevanbonic. I am only at the build stage. I thought I had a DC5 race shell but I missed out. I keep the forum posted on how the build is going.

Sorry. I am in Sydney

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type S

What is reasonable to you?

If you want the best, then its Bonds
    Eastern Creek 1:50.124 video
    My Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra
    Hey buddy, glad to see you want a Honda to race, I dont blame youi as they are a great car to race. I can speak from experiance when talking FWD 1990 LS integra. I still have my racecar and won the 2000 and 2001 Improved production state championships. Having built my b18A/ Vtech back in 1999 the engine lasted a good 10 years when built well. It use to get around Phillip Island in 1:51. Im now building a B20/Vtec and i expect that to last at least 6 years. The Gen 2 Integra has an extreamly low drag coeficiency and can be made to strip down to 960kgs without much effort. Dont be swayed to go RWD, a good FWD will give most RWD cars a good run for their money. I know from experiance ! Just look at your buget and go with what you like. If you want the best engine builder I know a guy. I also know who not to use and that is a guy by the name of Andy. He use to run a place called AK Automotive. Andy is a great guy but cannot build a race engine. He built me one, charged me $10'000 and the thing lasted one weekend.
    If you want to see my car look at TOVA and type in Black Beast. Or just google it.
    All the best Gary

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonS View Post
    What is reasonable to you?

If you want the best, then its Bonds
    can you please elaborate why Bonds is the best.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpracing View Post
    Hey buddy, glad to see you want a Honda to race, I dont blame youi as they are a great car to race. I can speak from experiance when talking FWD 1990 LS integra. I still have my racecar and won the 2000 and 2001 Improved production state championships. Having built my b18A/ Vtech back in 1999 the engine lasted a good 10 years when built well. It use to get around Phillip Island in 1:51. Im now building a B20/Vtec and i expect that to last at least 6 years. The Gen 2 Integra has an extreamly low drag coeficiency and can be made to strip down to 960kgs without much effort. Dont be swayed to go RWD, a good FWD will give most RWD cars a good run for their money. I know from experiance ! Just look at your buget and go with what you like. If you want the best engine builder I know a guy. I also know who not to use and that is a guy by the name of Andy. He use to run a place called AK Automotive. Andy is a great guy but cannot build a race engine. He built me one, charged me $10'000 and the thing lasted one weekend.
    If you want to see my car look at TOVA and type in Black Beast. Or just google it.
    All the best Gary
    Got any links to your car?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    can you please elaborate why Bonds is the best.
    Its because they are one of the people that build cages to set requirements and dont put random bars in just because they think its better. They are also one of the few in sydney that can build FIA approved cages, and its not easy to be qualified to do that.
    Take a look at my cage.

Last edited by SpoonS; 31-10-2011 at 03:27 PM.
    Eastern Creek 1:50.124 video
    My Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gbpracing View Post
    I also know who not to use and that is a guy by the name of Andy. He use to run a place called AK Automotive.
    lulz here.....

Back yarders ftw.....