Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    lol guys dw about him, let him enjoy the ride in his gsi..........
    Well, if we were to start slagging off each others' cars, I'd ask why you're driving the watered-down VTi-R rather than a Type R. But I'm not like that. I appreciate the VTi-R for what it is, and it certainly had its place in the line up. I see a lot of forty to fifty year old women driving them, and that's a good demographic to market your vehicles towards.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    But I think that it's mainly to do with VTEC giving the Civics an unfair advantage.
    BTCC cars are not allowed to use variable valve timing, so those cars don't have VTEC. Also using a race series like that as an example to compare drivetrain layouts is a poor idea, as there is always restrictions based on all the cars to try to maintain performance parity. So the speed of the car is not at all representative of the performance of the base car or the base drivetrain layout.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Besides not allowing any form of variable valve timing......The reason they dont use VTEC is cause vtec just doesnt work in the real world of racing...... real race cars use a engine with high profile cams, to achieve a very good power band through out the rev range, the last thing u want is a lapse in power because vtec didnt kick in when u went through that apex..... Kinda like turbo lag, actually no, thats a bad example to use.. cause vtec is no where as good as turbo

Since the OP cant touch the engine, all he can do an hope for is to utilize and learn what he can from the engine, and base that off into his racing, by knowing when or which gear to use to make the most of the engine to achieve a great lap time, and hopefully win the sunday event
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    OP should be looking at SpoonS DC5 which has been modified for track use. There's a build thread on here somewhere

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonS View Post
    Drag racing? You based it on a drag race???
    hahaha funny bastard!

Indie dude is a clown, i remember why i stopped visiting Ozhonda again.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    You know you're trolling well when you base an argument on a fictional drag race that occurred in an inaccurate Hollywood film, yet people still believe that you're serious.

Then again, when there are people out there who think that a DC5S will make a better track car than a DC2/DC5R, I guess anything's possible...

On a serious note, I'm also curious to know what the OP's previous RWD track car was.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    I bet he regrets ever coming here and asking the damn question with this shitfight..nothing ever changes

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    Why don't you tell all the ff honda owners on here that are lapping under 1:10's at wakefield to sell up and buy a rear wheel drive indie? Because obviously there cars are are the wrong wheel drive?
    Existing drive types:
    AWD = All Wheel Drive
    RWD = "Right" Wheel Drive
    WWD = "Wrong" Wheel Drive

FUUUUUUUU I got wrong wheel drive, time to sell.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    Rawness and hardcoreness doesn't translate to track times... Call me biased but the dc5r is a faster car than the dc2r
    BIASED
    No its not.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Isn't it great though here in Australia we have freedom of speech so each to his own and I'm sure the OP can make up his own mind given enough good evidence.
    I own an ex production racing DC2R and when it all boils down I may be a little biased too but hey we're all just human after all.
    Oh and its over 3 seconds a lap quicker than a similar DC5R at Simmons Plains.Go figure ?

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Wow.. What's with the RWD vs FF shit fight ? Who cares ? OP just wants to know what route to take.

I would personally go with a DC2R as I have been in both 5R and 2R.. The 2R always felt more 'track orientated'.

This is my personal opinion ofcourse.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    Isn't it great though here in Australia we have freedom of speech so each to his own and I'm sure the OP can make up his own mind given enough good evidence.
    I own an ex production racing DC2R and when it all boils down I may be a little biased too but hey we're all just human after all.
    Oh and its over 3 seconds a lap quicker than a similar DC5R at Simmons Plains.Go figure ?
    My point was that in stock form, a DC5R is quicker round a track than a DC2R. Info about modified versions in this thread is irrelevant, as it doesnt relate to the OPs question.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.