Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    No I won't because that's not what this thread is about. Anyone can do an internet search and find out for themselves. In essence DW is a more tuneable setup and is capable of allowing, for example, increase in negative camber throughout the wheel travel (which MS can't). But to state a car would be 10x better just because it has DW is simply ridiculous. There are many factors which control how well a car handles and grips (including how a suspension setup is tuned), and having a DW suspension setup may just be part of the puzzle.

Anyway, continue on everyone else

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocker View Post
    All those examples you've mentioned will be ten times better if they had double wishbone sussy all round.

Indie: yeah sure, Honda doesn't make sports cars like they use to, and the proper ones they make (FD2R) never made it here. Simply put Honda needs to stay afloat making bread and butter cars....but **** I'd take the current Civic over any shitty Corolla any day of the week. Hondas are still pretty awesome to drive compared to their counter parts like Mazda, Subaru and even Mitsubishi. Accord Euro or Camry/Magna/6/Liberty? I rest my case.
    I'd take a Liberty GT over any equivalent Accord Euro. Oh wait, there isn't one. And they haven't made the Magna for years, by the way. I notice you're not even mentioning Falcon or Commodore. Just far too many flaws and irrelevancies in the paragraph to address, so yes, by all means buy the current Civic, and I will buy a Volkswagen Golf.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    dude you obviously don't like hondas haha, what are you doing here?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Hes trolling lol, and indie stop doing proper punctuation and grammer its fukn pissing me off!!!

Op, get a dc2r
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    Hes trolling lol, and indie stop doing proper punctuation and grammer its fukn pissing me off!!!

Op, get a dc2r
    Oh yeah, haha. Sorry, I forgot that trolls ar ment too talk liek dis. Can't bring myself to do it, unfortunately!

Eh, Honda make good cars. But honestly, the ricers and wannabe Sennas try to make them something they're not. For instance, turning a Type S into a 'race car'. It is not a race car, and it never will be.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Dude he already said its Production class so regardless of everyones personal fave and what can be modded etc. any of the choices will be suitable

Just because they dont fit your view of a race car makes no difference.

examples

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Dude he already said its Production class so regardless of everyones personal fave and what can be modded etc. any of the choices will be suitable

Just because they dont fit your view of a race car makes no difference.

examples

Oh yuck. I should report that post as offensive. Please don't do that again.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    lol a "race" car is whatever someone decides to build for racing. doesn't have to be within a certain taste.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type S
    We all know that Indie is an 'expert' when it comes to racing and race cars in general.

In all honesty, he's probably never even seen a race car

Those who can't do, become critics.
    Eastern Creek 1:50.124 video
    My Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonS View Post
    We all know that Indie is an 'expert' when it comes to racing and race cars in general.

Didn't you know bedroom racers can be experts??

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonS View Post

A uncle was an Australian Speedcar and Sprintcar champion. My family have owned Aston Martin DB2s, MGs, Mini Coopers, Triumphs, Jaguars, Mercedes, Maseratis, everything. I have lapped Calder in the passenger seat of a car driven by Peter Brock. I have seen The Fast and the Furious at least thirty times.

I have never claimed to be an excellent driver, or mechanic, but I know more about cars than most of the ricers in this place, and certainly enough to be allowed an opinion.

If somebody wishes to race with a Vauxhall Astra, so be it, but there's no style in that. Racing is about the spectacle.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type S
    lol and you call speedcars a race cars? As you said racing is about the spectacle, and speedcars/sprint cars are a piece of crap. I'll rather watch cow racing then that.

If i listed what my family owned i would know 100x what you know about racing.

So any car can be a race car.
    Eastern Creek 1:50.124 video
    My Build Thread