Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Smile Need a Integra Type S for race car

Hey Guys,

I am looking at upgrading my current race car to an Honda Integra Type S (or Type R). As the car does not need to be registered, I am looking for an import or a damaged car.

Can anyone help or guide me in the right direction to buy a Type S without spending a lot of money.

*********UPDATED********

From what I am reading, I am best to get a Type R.

From people experience, what is better, a DC2R or DC5R. I will be racing in Production Car class so I can not make many changes to the car.

Thanks for all you feedback

Thanks
    Last edited by applestypes; 16-10-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    If it's a track car, why not RWD?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    If it's a track car, why not RWD?
    or AWD, or 4wd, or whatever.

It's his choice what he wants to track with.

OP I suggest look at auctions and stuff, it'll be hard finding a DC5. DC2 chassis is good too, up to you to decide anyway
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

I have a soft spot for Honda's. I have driven a honda's for a while and they are a strong reliable car. I have been racing a RWD car. I want a challenge to race and be successful in a FWD.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Fair enough. I'd also recommend going for the DC2, as it'll be easier and cheaper to source a thrashed DC2 for track use, but I guess if you can find a DC5, great. Why would you be after the Type S over the Type R? Wouldn't the Type R be a better track proposition?

@DC2-PWR Of course it's his choice. Where did I say otherwise? It just seemed strange that you'd source a FWD as a purely track-day car, so I asked, and he told me his reasons. That's how questions and answers generally work.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Fair enough. I'd also recommend going for the DC2, as it'll be easier and cheaper to source a thrashed DC2 for track use, but I guess if you can find a DC5, great. Why would you be after the Type S over the Type R? Wouldn't the Type R be a better track proposition?

@DC2-PWR Of course it's his choice. Where did I say otherwise? It just seemed strange that you'd source a FWD as a purely track-day car, so I asked, and he told me his reasons. That's how questions and answers generally work.
    lol all cool dude

+1 for DC2 Chassis, but I'd look hard at a lot of places (NSW auctions).
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

I know of a DC5R with damage for sale PM for more details, located in melbourne.

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    look at auctions such as pickles and manheim
    they appear once in a while and they're not too expensive

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I hear the Type S is very hard to modify because of the way the ECU is setup (can't be tuned or something).

Best getting a Type R, and I reckon the DC2R is a great idea. In stock form it's awesome, just strip it a bit.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    if your gonna build a 'race car' your best bet is to scrap the idea of a dc5r or dc5s, and use a eg shell and get a k24/k20. yeeehboii

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I hear the Type S is very hard to modify because of the way the ECU is setup (can't be tuned or something).

Best getting a Type R, and I reckon the DC2R is a great idea. In stock form it's awesome, just strip it a bit.
    Yea you may require the revert to the DC5R ecu for compatibility with K-Pro.

Look here:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...DC5S-with-Kpro

As mentioned above, you may want to consider other lighter shells (EG / EK).

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    The Type R's diff would be better for track duties than the S, anyway.