Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Because Honda very obviously stopped giving a shit about building drivers cars.
    Or because building 'drivers cars' isn't a viable option for them. The motor industry is driven by sales, not necessarily by how good a car is. Sales for all of hondas sports models were dwindling, plus some of their engines failed to meet the euro emissions standards and had to be scrapped. Not because the CEO woke up one day and decided "let's just get rid of all the sports models". The double wishbone suspension was removed because it was too expensive for mass production in the dc5. It got an LSD though.
    Last edited by Nuci; 26-10-2011 at 06:28 AM.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Yes the days of factory fast Hondas have gone,the latest R Civics have a torsion beam rear suspension ala VW and even they don't use them anymore.Did I read somewhere that the torsion beam rear allows more boot space.There's the answer.

LOL it always amazes me with honda drivers....they defend their cars like their family's honour is at stake...

i bet if somebody owned a honda horse and carriage he'll be on here defending how its > than dc2r/dc5r from it's light weight and uber horse

im not ashamed to admit it....but at the end of the day dc2r chassis was the best fwd ever made...it was so good honda never got out what they put into it.

honda had to compromise with the dc5r chassis and beefed up the engine instead...they nearly pulled it off....but in the end its still 0.5-1 sec slower.

this is why today dc2r chassis + k series = beast - the real dc5r...add FI and u have a monster!

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    ....a monster with inferior suspension geometry. amaright?

I used to own a dc5r and the only thing i liked about it over the dc2r is the nice modern interior and its a little more roomy also. And the k series engine (even though its watered down) and g/b.

Like l_i_l said, put that k20 (or k24) in a dc2r and you've got an extremely enjoyable and potent front wheel drive honda!

edit- are we still talking about the audm dc5r here? lol

let me rewrite that

dc2r + kseries= beast - the real dc5r that was not meant to be

dc2r + k series + FI = monster!

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by l__i__l View Post
    let me rewrite that

dc2r + kseries= beast - the real dc5r that was not meant to be

dc2r + k series + FI = monster!
    understood+ agree'd

dc2r + k series+ supercharger=

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    Or because building 'drivers cars' isn't a viable option for them. The motor industry is driven by sales, not necessarily by how good a car is. Sales for all of hondas sports models were dwindling, plus some of their engines failed to meet the euro emissions standards and had to be scrapped. Not because the CEO woke up one day and decided "let's just get rid of all the sports models". The double wishbone suspension was removed because it was too expensive for mass production in the dc5. It got an LSD though.
    Building drivers cars is still a viable option for Nissan, who have the GT-R and 370Z, only sacrificing the Silvia, but bringing in the G35. The Germans have AMGs, Ms and Ss for almost every model. Subaru and Mitsubishi still produce their rally machines, if somewhat more demure versions, not to mention the BRZ, which even Toyota are getting back in the game with.

How many new Civics do you see that are tuned/riced like an EG/K? None. Because nobody wants to tune a bulbous, non-sporty hatchback, when there are so many far-superior options. Honda is dead, and I'm getting out and returning to Nissan.

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocker View Post
    DC2R because of double wishbone front suspension is better than the bullshit macpherson struts in the DC5R. It's not an Toyota so no idea why honda even put there in the first place.
    @ double wishbone suspension...Amen to that!

Nuci: i was talking about power to weight ratio....
    Last edited by EVLGTR; 26-10-2011 at 09:50 AM.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Haha guys, having double wishbone suspension is not that important. A properly tuned torsion beam or strut setup can be just as good, or almost as good. Take for example the Renault Clio Sport. These rock a torsion beam rear end and yet they handle like nothing else. A Porsche Cayman has struts, and whilst being mid engined helps, it has amazing handling. I have driven both these cars and own a dc2r.

I'm not entirely sure how there is even an argument over which out of the dc2r or dc5r is better for track, stock for stock. Surely both sides can acknowledge the dc2r is more track orientated from the factory?

Quote Originally Posted by rhys.l View Post
    Haha guys, having double wishbone suspension is not that important. A properly tuned torsion beam or strut setup can be just as good, or almost as good. Take for example the Renault Clio Sport. These rock a torsion beam rear end and yet they handle like nothing else. A Porsche Cayman has struts, and whilst being mid engined helps, it has amazing handling. I have driven both these cars and own a dc2r.

I'm not entirely sure how there is even an argument over which out of the dc2r or dc5r is better for track, stock for stock. Surely both sides can acknowledge the dc2r is more track orientated from the factory?
    All those examples you've mentioned will be ten times better if they had double wishbone sussy all round.

Indie: yeah sure, Honda doesn't make sports cars like they use to, and the proper ones they make (FD2R) never made it here. Simply put Honda needs to stay afloat making bread and butter cars....but **** I'd take the current Civic over any shitty Corolla any day of the week. Hondas are still pretty awesome to drive compared to their counter parts like Mazda, Subaru and even Mitsubishi. Accord Euro or Camry/Magna/6/Liberty? I rest my case.
    WP PB 1:15:03

Sorry mate, but that is just simply not true, at least imo. The advantages of double wishbone are MINIMAL.

There may be a slight improvement if it is tuned optimally. But seriously we are talking about such a small fraction of what makes a sports car. There are other, much much more important factors
    Last edited by rhys.l; 26-10-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhys.l View Post
    Sorry mate, but that is just simply not true, at least imo. The advantages of double wishbone are MINIMAL.

There may be a slight improvement if it is tuned optimally. But seriously we are talking about such a small fraction of what makes a sports car. There are other, much much more important factors
    Can you please list out the pros and cons of double wishbone suspension vs other types?
    WP PB 1:15:03