Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by IDV8 View Post
    Yes well thats the obvious conclusion but I mean when driving what difference is there between whether you've just replaced springs or you've replaced the entire coilover?
    Saying "how much you put in" doesn't exactly give me an idea of what differences there are between the two ..? There will be 4 new (lower) springs.. or 4 new coilovers.. unable to tell the differences it will make to driving from that.
    I'd suggest you just ignore Bludger, as he takes every available opportunity to be an insufferable, argumentative ****.

You asked what the difference will be between King springs and Buddy Club coilovers, and while I can't answer that myself, it's a simple question, and I'm sure that somebody who isn't a sarcastic arsehole will be able to help.

you know what, my bad, I didn't read his 1st post properly, specifically asking about Kings springs & Bc coilovers.

Fail

Member Array
    Car:
    push bag
    But I mean specifically whats the difference? I'm not 100% but is it that coilovers will absorb more thus less 'bouncing' or ..? Also is there a resource with mods explained that would be fit for auto cars? Thanks
    Depends on your budget really? If you just want lows with close to stock feel go springs, but if you want something more stiff and less body roll,better driving feel, etc etc go coilovers

I recommend going coilovers if you get the 17x9 wheels, because the car will bounce alot with springs and might hit/scrub the wheel/tyre quite a bit unless you set up tonnes of camber

So I should be looking at different specs for Rota DPT 17 x 9 +35 all around wrapped in Kumho KU31 tyres, guards rolled and king springs?
    Nothing wrong in this wheels specs, from past experience I would recommend 17x9 as it does sit flush with the guards, however you will have to roll your rear guards

Hope this helps

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by azzacrombe View Post
    I just lowered my DC5 on kings springs. Basically they feel exactly like stock.
    Thanks for the reply, exactly what I was after - I'll see how I go budget wise, what wheel specs are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    I'd suggest you just ignore Bludger, as he takes every available opportunity to be an insufferable, argumentative ****.
    Lmao cheers mate, I couldn't see a way to ask the question any simplier so figured that there was just something wrong with Bludger.

Quote Originally Posted by ekvtec View Post
    Nothing wrong in this wheels specs, from past experience I would recommend 17x9 as it does sit flush with the guards, however you will have to roll your rear guards

Hope this helps
    Thanks for that, will see how much I can save before I get ahold of the wheels Could be the better option to just hold out until I can get adjustable coilovers as I'd hate to have the wheels rubbing.

Thanks again guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 with B18c2
    i hear givin ya springs a nice chop and make u feel like ur drivin a HSV o.0
    DA9 B18c2
    http://www.facebook.com/RisingSunBaseJumping
    Base Jumping & Wingsuit Flying is my LIFE

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    =

The king springs will get you a few cm lower, and thats about it.

The coilovers will have a full range of heigh adjustment, and youll be able to go from stock height, all the way down to flat out dumped.

Youre better of saving a bit more money, and just getting the coilovers, because it ends up being a waste of time and money if you just get springs, and arent happy with them.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Coilovers will generally make the car feel a bit sharper, but the ride a bit firmer, right? But there are brands out there that are better suited to daily driving than others, and aren't as harsh?

I'm not 100% sure, having never had coilovers, but I imagine the OP would like to know.

All I know is that it's worth saving up for coilovers rather than getting springs and new shocks. The flexibility, and guarantee of perfect fitment, seems worth the price of admission.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Interesting Mines a daily, which means daily drives over annoying speed humps too. If I went with Super Low King Springs (50mm lower) does that mean the car will be 50mm closer to the tyre? Just checking if thats how its measured - thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    No...
    We're doing it for the children.

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    Straight pipe so you sound hectic
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    replace suspension bushings will make your car drive like it was when it was new

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    I hate this place.
    ROFL but it's been 6 months and you're still here =]

What did you end up doing to your car anyway?