Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    as Jeremy said, second hand stuff is second hand....
    He didn't say a thing about buying good quality second-hand coilovers, though. He mentioned buying cheap Cusco coilovers, possibly brand new.

Maybe he was supposed to use a full stop and not comma?
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    as Jeremy said, second hand stuff is second hand....
    Maybe I've been lucky? I have Bilsteins on both my cars (both second hand) and got some second hand Cusco Comp S for my brother's DC4. All are in VGC, no leaks, feel great. Paid $600 for each set of the Bilsteins, $700 for the Cuscos.

Different experiences i guess.
    Although, my ones were dumped then hightened then dumped and hightened again. Maybe with the cheaper ones too much adjustment is no good ya?
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    they look like DC2's, G4's, K-Sport rubbish. same manufacturer just different labels.

dont waste your money on these, save your money and do it right first time!

trust me, you wont be dissapointed if done right. but if your after cheap solution ..i wouldnt even advise to buy those, the pillar ball mount for the front adjustable camber tops are hopeless and locks/rusts and even makes knocking noises.. the insert of the shock are crap and they leak oil. the bottom locking screws unlocks itself especially the fronts...and will damage your CV boots as they rub on them when loose. bump stoppers rot and weakens.

ive experience all the above on my Fozzy XTi (i regret), then bought buddyclub N1's for my EM1, and never had any issues!!!

the G'4's i had came with 2yrs warranty - no wonder ..which during those 2yrs i went through 2 sets of inserts, bump stoppers and even the front camber tops as part of warranty - and now that its out of warranty, i have to buy them seperately which costs an arm and leg for shit stuff.

if your really tight on the budget, go for Pedders super sports or KYB AGR's setup!!

well worth the money if you save and do it right!!
    Last edited by IV73CI; 21-10-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: more info
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Hey guys, after doing a bit more research it seems there are divided opinions on these although I've decided to go the D2's as I'm also getting a set of brakes too. The offer was just too good to refuse. A guy called Luke Fink who just got a set on his car has said they are pretty good and that they've gotten a bad wrap because they were very cheap and nasty when they were first around but now they're pretty good. Thanks for everyone's advice! And also for those who want to pay out D2 brakes my research has show that most Brembos are made in China now!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    i had ek9 tien ss all around in my em1, pretty sweet. Sure cost 1.2k for the set, but my god are they worth every cent. I felt the difference straight away without even tightening the damper. After getting it properly adjusted @ pedders. You will feel even more godlike then Takumi.

PS: i had 2 gutter related rubbings, 1 really bad the coilovers didn't leak or get dmged structurally another + i thinks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremydawg View Post
    Different experiences i guess.
    Although, my ones were dumped then hightened then dumped and hightened again. Maybe with the cheaper ones too much adjustment is no good ya?
    depends on the design of coilovers, alot of the basic coilovers are single perch which i pressume is the design of ur coilover.... which isnt designed to be for constantly lowering or raising of the vehicle, and only set to one height an left there.... lowering the vehicle reduces the shock length and wears out the shockers, but than again depends on the design of the shockers, weather its designed for low or a pre-deter-man height for optimum performance

The more better alternative is to find a dual perch coilover, thus reducing the risk of lowering with out effecting the shock length and wearing out the shockers... which is what many of the cheaper alternatives are... why not a single perch design i have no idea, as it would be more reasonable to produce a single perch design coilover vs the dual perch coilover
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    i had ek9 tien ss all around in my em1, pretty sweet. Sure cost 1.2k for the set, but my god are they worth every cent. I felt the difference straight away without even tightening the damper. After getting it properly adjusted @ pedders. You will feel even more godlike then Takumi.

PS: i had 2 gutter related rubbings, 1 really bad the coilovers didn't leak or get dmged structurally another + i thinks.
    tein ss are soft!
    only f 9kg and the rear i think 4 or 5kg?
    Welcome Abourd

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Strange ratings. Sure they're not 8kg/6kg?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sausage legs
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    You will feel even more godlike then Takumi.
    brb checking parts section.

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Strange ratings. Sure they're not 8kg/6kg?
    nahh deffo 9kg at front. because their street basics are 8kgs at front.
    Welcome Abourd