Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz

Question 2003 Jazz Auto VTi, noise in 'D' gear.

Hi guys,

I just recently noticed the noise from the engine when I put in D gear, it has those clicking sounds from the engine bay and I can't really find the source of the noise...

However, when I put it in P or N, the noise goes a lot smaller.

The car is 2003 Vti model has 64000 sth on the clock and still drives smoothly, and CVT shifts very nicely too.

Has anyone else noticed or developed this problem? Or should I go dealer to have a look? Just afraid it could be a major as CVT are costly in terms of repairs.

Any suggestions will be really appreciate!

Thank you.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    is it more of a rattle? cos it could be a rattle snake?

LOLJOKES. im thinking timing belt. anyone else? have you had your major service?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    Hi mate,I bought the car a month ago, it has 64000kms on the clock, hence I didn't do the belts and other major service as yet... I was thinking to do it when reaching 70000kms.
    It comes with a log book and it does have reguarly service history though.. It's just noise basically; but did have a little bit rattle which I assume it is normal?

Sorry if im being a noob, I'm quite new here.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    haha not many jazz masters on here unfortunately. but this isnt jazz related. you like the jazzz!? cute aye?
    umm if im not mistaken the major service happens at 60,000kms? if it hasnt been done, i think it may be time for it - and especially the timing belt. cos as long as the car is on, the timing belt will run, and the noise will still be there. But just wait and see if the jazz gods come down and can help you out

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    Cheers mate. I will have a look @ my owner's manual later. Yeh, it's a zippy and economical car, quite roomy as wel! I'm happy with it to take me from A to B point. I might go to visit a shop during weekend.. In you opinion, should i go to the Honda Homebush dealer to check it up or other mechanics shop I used to go ?

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    umm im not really sure man. i go to my mechanic (top one at arncliffe) or if something major then it will be hannys in smithfield. ill just say that a good mechanic will do as good of a job as the dealers, if not better. but trust the dealers to rip you off when something is wrong.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    yeh i might as well just go to my normal mechanic as I've heard Honda dealers are expensive! LOL

Hopefully it's not CVT issue, bcuz they r the bitch to fix up... I also wondering should I change my CVT-F more frequent than what service manual indicated? Because when i bought the car, the guy told me he changed the CVT-F every 20,000kms rather than 40,000 on the book.

jazz uses a timing chain

do you hear the noise whilst driving or does it only occur when you are stopped? and is it noticeable when you initially take off?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    I just went out for a drive, when stopped in D, it sounds like a diesel... Noticeable when take off, but not much notice when driving on the road man

oh no . could be a starter clutch problem.

what colour is your transmission fluid?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    Fluid is a bit orange colour. It's a bit dark out there.
    Last edited by zealot42; 18-10-2011 at 11:41 PM.