Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: skunk2 exhaust

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Lux

skunk2 exhaust

hey guys, i just ordered a skunk2 exhaust for my 03 euro, only problem is that apparently because it is so large and to cut down shipping cost they need to cut it up before they send it. i ordered it off heeltoe auto and was just wondering if any of you guys have bought it from there and whether they did the same thing with yours? and also how easy it was to weld back together and fit it? can it be done at home or can the exhaust place do it all?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    cant c what the problem would be if ts cut and re welded when installed. depends how good u r with your hands to install it and if u can weld. personaly id get an exhaust shop to do it as they have a hoist and thecgesr/knowledge to do it correctly.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Lux
    yeah i probably will just leave it all up to them to be safe, just cant wait to get it installed!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    Any idea how much an exhaust shop would charge for this?
    Comment, rate my beats!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/deewhy88

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Lux
    well i know when i called up about a month ago, they said it would only cost roughly 80 bucks to install it and would take less than an hour... this was however before i knew that it would need to be welded so not to sure if they would charge more/how much more they would charge for it

From headers back my sports system cost $150 to install, they had to weld it + fit a new hotdog and get a slight bend out of it that was hitting my shift linkage. This wasn't a skunk2 exhaust but its just an idea on what they charge
    Last edited by Loagz; 19-10-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Loagz View Post
    From headers back my sports system cost $150 to install, they had to weld it + fit a new hotdog and get a slight bend out of it that was hitting my shift linkage. This wasn't a skunk2 exhaust but its just an idea on what they charge
    aka, it doesnt cost much at all

LOL
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Fitting exhausts is cheap as you only have to pay for labour. Most exhaust shops have all the equipment on hand to fit weld bend etc. If they dont, go elsewhere because they are not a good exhaust shop

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    or you can just fit it yourself!!
    You can but not everyone has welding equipment at home :-P
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Ohhhh haha I forgot about the welding part I meant fitting the exhaust yes but welding no haha.

How much was it shipped btw?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Lux
    exhaust was about 630 (18 buck discount if you use code "ozhonda") then shipping was 390 about. will cost very close to 1k to get to my door which is the cheapest ive been able to find for it