Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CU2

[CU2] dont know whats wrong.

Guys!! my car is making the weirdest noise (imagine dragging a solid metal pole along the bitumen). it make this sound at 50kms in fifth gear full throttle and 6th gear at 65-70 kms full throttle. it only does it in those two gears in the first 10-15 minutes from a dead-cold start.

anyone know what could be wrong?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Talk about overloading a cold engine

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    What could be wrong you ask?????
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    5th gear at 60 maybe that's why but I dunno if that's normal

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    it only does it in those two gears in the first 10-15 minutes from a dead-cold start

theres your problem lol

Member Array
    Car:
    zenki CL9
    OP its a good idea if you try to drive normally and below 3,000 rpm until a few mins after the engine is heated, to make sure everything is heated up and preventing damage, i think every car makes noises if you try to give it too much load on a cold start

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    lol just read this properly cold start flooring lol. agree with above except more then a few minutes possible 10-15 minutes for oil temp to get to the correct temp

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by jzx_andy View Post
    OP its a good idea if you try to drive normally and below 3,000 rpm until a few mins after the engine is heated, to make sure everything is heated up and preventing damage, i think every car makes noises if you try to give it too much load on a cold start
    i know that. but it still does it even after 8 minutes. even when warm itll do it, and i definately am not cold start flooring(im just saying full throttle but itll do it either way, the car has never done it before) .

the sound is really prominent to the front left. and its def not the pinging issue.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    i know that. but it still does it even after 8 minutes. even when warm itll do it, and i definately am not cold start flooring(im just saying full throttle but itll do it either way, the car has never done it before) .

the sound is really prominent to the front left. and its def not the pinging issue.
    Front left is airbox dude! You could be hearing induction noice!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    Front left is airbox dude! You could be hearing induction noice!
    yeah that what i thought too, and it would be the gayest THE GAYEST induction noise. but ive cleaned my air filter 10000k ago. but it only does it in the last two gears :S

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    It's because ur foot is down in an incorrect gear open throttle body at 60km in fifth and 6th doing I would assume close to 2000 rpms

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Full throttle at 50km/h in 5th gear + 70km/h in 6th on a cold start.... Why?