Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array

EP3 got rear ended

hey everyone

as title states i got rear ended by some idiot that doesnt know how to drive. anyway the rear lip and rear bar has been forced outta place, so you can see the clips have all snapped. also both parts are full off dents, scuffs, scratches.

not only did it stop there but also my exhaust muffler has been pushed inwards and bent towards the left. looks like poo. im suspecting that since i can visibly see the exhaust muffler pushed in it might have effed up the exhaust mounts/gaskets or what not.

where should i go to get a quote of the damages ?

edit: Im located in Sydney
    would appreciate all responses
    Last edited by av90; 28-10-2011 at 01:13 AM.
    Int3gra-T "my dick shrivles up like i've been on biccies"

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    did the person that hit u have insurance ? let the insurance company take care of it
    snapping 2nd..

Newcomer Array
    yeah. my insurance is telling me to get a quote from a mechanic of my choice as well as from one of their certified justcar mechanics

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Sooo.. take it to a panel beater to get a quote? Or if you're looking for recommendations then stating where you're from would help.

Member Array
    Car:
    2.4 EP3R
    You got PM

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Better hope insurance doesn't call it a write off other wise bye bye mr EP3, however you should be all sweet to fix it up without to much hassles when u get a quote let us know if there is any structural damage and please tell the repairer to use OEM bar and lip if he can't fix or use the current one

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 09
    smash pit repairs at condell park near bankstown airport are very good and professional.

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by blastnpast View Post
    Better hope insurance doesn't call it a write off other wise bye bye mr EP3, however you should be all sweet to fix it up without to much hassles when u get a quote let us know if there is any structural damage and please tell the repairer to use OEM bar and lip if he can't fix or use the current one
    I highly doubt the insurance company would write it off for a typical rear end unless the structural integrity is deemed to be heavily damaged. It's "Justcars".

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    man that sucks
    oh wrd!

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphorced View Post
    Sooo.. take it to a panel beater to get a quote? Or if you're looking for recommendations then stating where you're from would help.
    sorry, im located in Sydney.

blastnpast, the damage is about just a tad harder than a love tap so i dont think that would have caused any chasis damage.but it was enough to make the bumper barely hang off the car. what Poeter said sounds right.

damn insurance is taking ages to get back.
    Last edited by av90; 28-10-2011 at 01:17 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    I'm with justcars and my EP3 got rear ended early august. I still don't have the car back

Parts took about 8 weeks to come from japan, then there were issues with the fuel pump as the car wouldn't start - my alarm also went stupid and now that's being replaced as well. It's a real PITA.

Takes a lot of damage (or creases in panels/roof) to write it off
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Did you know if they ordered brand new parts for you will13?