Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Yeah that's one of the things that attracted me to them
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    AAMI were the cheapest I found and their application questions are quite vague which I prefer so I dont have to give them too much previous history info hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    They are indeed bloody cheap..
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    buy a dashcam in future, will save alot of issues.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    98 Integra GSi

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vs2306 View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread. But I just thought this info might be worth sharing.

If you're claiming through the at-fault party's insurance. Then you have 100% choice of repairer.

In order to do this, you need to get the name of the insurance company and the claim number; as well as the usual details. You can then pass this onto your chosen panel beater, and they will then liaise with the at-fault party's insurance.

Unfortunately if you go through AAMI, you don't get choice of repairer. Even if you're not at fault.
    So my old man was involved in an minor accident recently, where he wasn't at fault. He managed to get the claim number off the at-fault person, and he's got the car booked in with his choice of repairer, which isn't an AAMI approved repairer.

So I can confirm that even if the at-fault party is insured with AAMI. You only need one quote (from any licensed repairer of your choice) , if you're claiming through the at-fault person's insurance.

Edit: Our panel beater did warn say that AAMI may try and convince you to use their preferred repairer, and not to book anything with them. Otherwise they'll cancel the quote from your preferred repairer.
    Last edited by vs2306; 20-03-2015 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Additional information

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Lololol

I'm with aami help