Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    I would see dc2r's hold their value if they are in pretty smick condition in 5-10 years. They are getting lower in numbers every year, don't forget they stop production on these cars ages ago yeah? Probably held their value due to reputation from motor sport events.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4 Integra
    interesting thread, i had though about buying a dc2r as our next car, but i couldnt pay 15k plus. Ill keep an eye out for one with a blown motor or body damage i think

In my eyes, it's just the same as any other car.

If you're desperate to get this particular car, unmolested, low km's, one owner, then you must be willing to pay.

If you're not that fussy and won't mind a shitbox dc2r then you can find a bargain.

I lost about 7 or 8 thousand upgrading from a '99 130k to a '01 40k......

This was about 5 years ago, but in my eyes, it was worth it, I wanted the best one i could find.

LOL @ lowballers asking for the best example out there on the market, then not putting their money where their mouth is.

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    haha so true bludger..

money talks and bullshit walks
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

Every prospective buyer that's come to look at a car I've got for sale has been looking for that most elusive of cars. A Rolls-Royce at a Hyundai price.

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    16k for a good condition DC2R is reasonable. I even think an awesome condition should
    Be able to squeeze a buy more . I've driven gsi vtir integras, vtir preludes dc5s and ek4s and dc2r is still my favourite driving experience it is so width it when you compare to some of these other models..

And indie.. Have you driven one.?? Take one out after your vtir and I thing you will completely change your mind..
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    In my eyes, it's just the same as any other car.

If you're desperate to get this particular car, unmolested, low km's, one owner, then you must be willing to pay.

This. I looked and looked at S15s and DC2Rs. For 16K you'd get a flogged out, high km, kiddie modded piece of junk that the owner was certain was fine and had never been driven hard. In fact, it was their granny's car or sister's car and she only used it once a week to pick up groceries.

It came down to one of two cars for me and both required forking out another 4-5K. In the end, it came down to the one with the lower kms and the S15 lost out at 98K kms and a scratched interior (S15 interiors get scratches if you look at them wrong).

Do I miss the idea of having a S15 - no, because what I have is serving me well and well... my E30 won't be BMW powered much longer
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

When I was shopping for a dc2r I got sick of looking at any under 14k, they are all hacked or dodgy so just bought one for 16.5k and is the cleanest I've seen so far with only 105000ks compared to 170+. When u go and actually check them out u will notice how much price is related to the condition lol

And yes they might be considered over priced but that's cos of p plate laws, My friend is getting alot of interest for his n/a 34 on Rotas for 17k
    Last edited by boboz81; 30-10-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GSi
    Yeah DC2R's prices seem to vary a lot. I haven't personally been shopping for one because I have owned mine for nearly 10 years now. I didn't buy mine because I was restricted to P plate laws or anything like that. I bought it because it was the car I wanted, and I'm sure as hell I wouldn't let any punk try and low ball me if I was to sell mine, not that I will ever sell it :-)

So if your after a good example, 1 or 2 owner car and not some trashed out one that has been through the hands of numerous fully sick kids then be prepared to pay for it.
    .: I Heart Honda :.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall@PP View Post
    interesting thread, i had though about buying a dc2r as our next car, but i couldnt pay 15k plus. Ill keep an eye out for one with a blown motor or body damage i think
    You might get lucky and find a nice one off some guy with bad gambling debts.....

cheap & good condition can happen, though rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Lepperfish View Post
    I didn't buy mine because I was restricted to P plate laws or anything like that. I bought it because it was the car I wanted,
    THis....

S2K's don't do it for me, nor does the dc5r.

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    Private Price Guide $9,100 - $11,200
    * Trade In Price Guide $6,500 - $8,600
    * Average Km 100,000 - 180,000
    * Price When New $43,559* Price Guide

should not be worth anymore than that. however popularity has driven the price higher
    Welcome Abourd