Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    If you're the sort of car enthusiasts that most of us on here would be, you can't consider it to be an investment (you'd have to put it in secure, deterioration proof storage to do that). We're classed as hobby enthusiasts, and all hobby's cost money (usually lots), so you just have to grin and bear it and be committed to the idea. Where we all fall down is that we change our minds and decide we want a diiferent or better car and that usually involves selling up to fund it, or because we can't keep it for one reason or another.

So enjoy what you spend, it's keeping you out of mischief.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    In the late 80s I sold a genuine certified Torana A9X for 5K. If I knew then what I know now...
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Setanta View Post
    In the late 80s I sold a genuine certified Torana A9X for 5K. If I knew then what I know now...
    ouch.

Old boss had an A9x, 308, 4 speed, roll cage. Ran on Avgas. absolute monster.

Sold it to some douch in 02 for 30k. The douch obliterated it at the track.

(like wrote it off)
    Last edited by Bludger; 31-10-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Classic = 25 years
    Vintage = 50 years

DC2R and CRX SiR (woohoo) will continue to be known as true sports-orientated beauties. The less there are, the more the value will eventually rise.

I saw an ED9 sell for $13,000 because it had 70,000 original KMs and was in 100% perfect and original condition.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Classic = 25 years
    Vintage = 50 years

DC2R and CRX SiR (woohoo) will continue to be known as true sports-orientated beauties. The less there are, the more the value will eventually rise.

I saw an ED9 sell for $13,000 because it had 70,000 original KMs and was in 100% perfect and original condition.
    Glad you think that way, if only it were so......

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    A florist always thinks his flowers smell best

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by DCZ 18C View Post
    16k for a good condition DC2R is reasonable. I even think an awesome condition should
    Be able to squeeze a buy more . I've driven gsi vtir integras, vtir preludes dc5s and ek4s and dc2r is still my favourite driving experience it is so width it when you compare to some of these other models..

And indie.. Have you driven one.?? Take one out after your vtir and I thing you will completely change your mind..
    I drive a GSi, not a VTi-R.

I haven't driven one, I have only been driven. They are good street cars, but I wouldn't spend what people are asking on one.

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    I drive a GSi, not a VTi-R.

I haven't driven one, I have only been driven. They are good street cars, but I wouldn't spend what people are asking on one.

oh then bro please take one for a test drive..
    i have driven GSi's and had fun but the driving expierience is uncomparable to an R.... the feel of a type R in comparison is epic
    i think you will change your mind as soon as you hit vtec for the first time in a type R
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    ♪ it ain't a tight car if it ain't a type R ♪

werd.

vtec is goot, but seems like its overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by DCZ 18C View Post
    oh then bro please take one for a test drive..
    i have driven GSi's and had fun but the driving expierience is uncomparable to an R.... the feel of a type R in comparison is epic
    i think you will change your mind as soon as you hit vtec for the first time in a type R
    LOL

it's not that good....

Nah the vtec by itself isn't, but as a package the type r is awesome and a completely different experience.

Offtopic but Indie, I've read a few of your posts and I don't get these fantasies you have about rear wheel drives and Nissans like the s14/15. Have you driven these cars? I used to own a s15 and sure it was a great car, but the dc2r is just as good imo and easier to drive fast. My mate (who owns a s15) and I also agree there are plenty of roads around where the dc2r would clean up the s15

Quote Originally Posted by rhys.l View Post
    Nah the vtec by itself isn't, but as a package the type r is awesome and a completely different experience.

Offtopic but Indie, I've read a few of your posts and I don't get these fantasies you have about rear wheel drives and Nissans like the s14/15. Have you driven these cars? I used to own a s15 and sure it was a great car, but the dc2r is just as good imo and easier to drive fast. My mate (who owns a s15) and I also agree there are plenty of roads around where the dc2r would clean up the s15
    analogy

The difference between driving a dc2r compared to an s15 is like smashing a loose box compared to smashing a tight box....

nomsayin'