Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: New CR-Z

Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    lexus should have a better build than any honda! it is LEXUS!
    with same price as Honda

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by hondar View Post
    i dont know whats in the honda australia / govt thinking.. i saw the price and shake my head.

i was having a chat with murakami-san from js racing and was told this car is selling very well in japan because japanese govt gives heaps of incentives to buy hybrid car that makes the car cheaper than conventional car. for us we were slapped with premium price to go green. go figure!

they should include as part of their carbon reduction scheme to give incentives for us to buy green car as well since car emit carbon (heaps of cars in australia)

i know dealers wants to make money like any other business but just not seeing how people will be buying this car in this period where everyone is cautious how the $$$ is spend.
    Japanese govt would want to help their car industry by giving incentive for hybrid cars which at the moment are most Japanese made.

we don't produce any hybrids so why would our govt wants to help foreign companies.

unfortunately with most things green/organic. you have to pay a premium for them.

lexus should have a better build than any honda! it is LEXUS!
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    with same price as Honda
    but the cheapest CT200H isn't that much more exxy than the CRZ lux. with similar performance, 2 extra doors and usable rear seats. and it's a godamn LEXUS!!!

(i know i know, one is a "sports car" while one is a hatch. we have to pay premium for "sports car")
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Dont get me wrong, if the price is right (RRP under 30k) I definitely buy the CRZ over CT200H. It just the price I'm concern about.... another 5k you can get CTR? or for the same price (as stated by UNLS1) you can get Accord Euro.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post

we don't produce any hybrids so why would our govt wants to help foreign companies.
    Dang! And I thought Camry hybrid is Made in Oz like our "camry"

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    ^CTR? completely different thing... apples and oranges

saw one the other day being test driven
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    yeah but u think our govt will favour Toyota over Ford and Holden??? think about the media outrage......
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I actually prefer the new 2012 camry hybrid from Japan. I'd pick that over even an Accord Euro!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I actually prefer the new 2012 camry hybrid from Japan. I'd pick that over even an Accord Euro!
    Saw one in flesh @ AMLUX and looks really good... So will they sell those here as Aurion Hybrid?

But I still think CRZ is a good daily driving (just for me to drive to and from work)

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    pics please
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    i would have to say the manual is by far the most fun to drive! did a few laps on my own flat out around the track yesterday and that car was made for twists and turns. It even has a better exhaust note than a civic 1.8, jazz ect.

It is similar to the old CRX's, the were not high powered cars but a hell of alot of fun to drive and good on fuel. Sat nav/ glass roof and leather dont really bother me so the manual sports would be my pic if i ever was to buy one.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    another thing, it has a shorter wheel base than jazz but is the same width as civic. has a 60/40 weight distribution also.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    so keen to test drive one now!!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    i would have to say the manual is by far the most fun to drive! did a few laps on my own flat out around the track yesterday and that car was made for twists and turns. It even has a better exhaust note than a civic 1.8, jazz ect.

It is similar to the old CRX's, the were not high powered cars but a hell of alot of fun to drive and good on fuel. Sat nav/ glass roof and leather dont really bother me so the manual sports would be my pic if i ever was to buy one.
    A true spruik if I ever heard one.

Similar to old CRX how? Old CRX was about power vs weight, on paper this car is not that at all. A big rasberry for that one!

i would have to say the manual is by far the most fun to drive! when is it not?

Better exhaust note than Jazz and 1.8 Civic? LMAO, those car's notes are crap. What about comparing it to a b16a CRX?

The car was made for twists and turns: out of the factory it will be a predictable understeerer like almost all production cars (type Rs and STIs being noteable exceptions). Without aftermarket sway bars and lowering springs cars like WRX and DC5 aren't that hot in the twisties. I seriously doubt this car is any different.

What about a balanced review that mentions both cons as well as pros my car dealer friend?

p.s. I've probably opened a can of worms here, but I feel it's my time for a rant, so let the shit storm begin!
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 30-11-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!