Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: New CR-Z

Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    I've probably opened a can of worms here, but I feel it's my time for a rant, so let the shit storm begin!
    have you ever drive one? or have you even seen one yet? Please test drive one before you can comment how "crap" it is. Thanks

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    have you ever drive one? or have you even seen one yet? Please test drive one before you can comment how "crap" it is. Thanks
    I never said the CRZ was crap. I said the jazz's exhaust note is crap. Pls don't misquote me.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

I never said the CRZ was crap. I said the jazz's exhaust note is crap. Pls don't misquote me.
    alrite cool!

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    A true spruik if I ever heard one.

Similar to old CRX how? Old CRX was about power vs weight, on paper this car is not that at all. A big rasberry for that one!

i would have to say the manual is by far the most fun to drive! when is it not?

Better exhaust note than Jazz and 1.8 Civic? LMAO, those car's notes are crap. What about comparing it to a b16a CRX?

The car was made for twists and turns: out of the factory it will be a predictable understeerer like almost all production cars (type Rs and STIs being noteable exceptions). Without aftermarket sway bars and lowering springs cars like WRX and DC5 aren't that hot in the twisties. I seriously doubt this car is any different.

What about a balanced review that mentions both cons as well as pros my car dealer friend?

p.s. I've probably opened a can of worms here, but I feel it's my time for a rant, so let the shit storm begin!
    1.WHen designed they had the CRX in mind and wanted to get a similar shape and make it fun to drive aswell as good on fuel, im sorry u missed that at training yesterday.

2. alot of people dont buy manual anymore and like autos with paddle shift, alot of the feed back was that the auto CVT was much better than people expected.

3. The exhaust not is better than those non hybrid cars and sounds rather good, well in the track it did as everyone commented. We all thought being a hybrid u wouldnt hear much note at all, and under power it sounds rather good. (sorry i didnt see u there once again)

4. yes made for twists and turns, it hadles fantastic for a hybrid car compared to the others in the line up, it handles much better than civic and jazz. Once again i didnt see u on the track driving them.

5. if u want cons then fine, i needs a center armrest as standard, i dont like CVT in any car at all but thats just my opinion, i think more women will drive it and want to buy it, i think it is priced too high.
    Last edited by UNLS1; 30-11-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Why did you delete this last part of your last post? Here it is for everyone to see.

Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    mate well done to u for being a die hard old school honda fan! i dont like old little civics or CRX's but i dont go on here crapping on about it, i sell the things and have for over 7 years, i am not a die hard honda fan and in fact if i was to purchase a car tomorrow it would not be a honda but thats just my opinion.
    pls stop holding onto the past, this is not going to be a hardcore TYPE R or CRX.
    i think most of ur comments are just forum crap to be honest, i dont care as i said i just gave my opinion as an every day driver not a hardcore fan.
    You wouldn't buy a Honda, but you shamelessly sell them for your own interests. This is a forum for hardcore fans, not salespeople (unless you are a trader, and they pay to sell here). You post just to spruik your wares. Salesmen will say anything is awesome just to make a sale, that's my point.

You've been here for 6 years, yet have No reputation or trade ratings, so step the f**k off.

Why did you delete this last part of your last post? Here it is for everyone to see.

You wouldn't buy a Honda, but you shamelessly sell them for your own interests. This is a forum for hardcore fans, not salespeople (unless you are a trader, and they pay to sell here). You post just to spruik your wares. Salesmen will say anything is awesome just to make a sale, that's my point.

You've been here for 6 years, yet have No reputation or trade ratings, so step the f**k off.
    Hmmm if I have the money to buy a small run around car to & from work, this could be considered... Like I said the only thing that I'm dont like is the price... If Honda really wants to bounce back on the market, they should start lowering their profit margin to get more customer. Even UNLS1 (Honda salesman) share the same thought about the pricing...

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    honestly who give a rats about trade ratings? this is an internet forum ffs. i dont have reputaion?? once again who gives a flying F*&!
    i come on here and give an opinion as a normal person not a hardcore honda fan. i dont come on here to sell cars either, just to give my 2c about cars coming out. Im not saying anything to make a sale, im just giving my opinion and that is it.

Normal people come on here to find out about Hondas in general. lots of potention honda future customers looking at 2nd hand and new ones. What i say is very valid indeed and there are many people on here who are not as hardcore as you so please gtfo!

i have sold almost 1000 hondas in my life and i have a fantastic trade rating....

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux

Chill out! We don't tolerate negative comments like that. This is an open forum, not just hardcore fans only.
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    I sell honda as I am passionate about the product I sell. I don't have to be a hardcore enthusiast. I have also helped members through private message with help regarding parts and prices and other Honda related things over the years for members all over Australia and not for my own personal gain. I'm just happy to get on here and help clarify a few things from colors to options or what ever. Honda is going through its hardest times at the moment and I'm doing my best to be positive about what I have to sell and pass it on to other people.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Salesmen are always passionate about what they sell cause it's their job to hype things up.

The fact that you wouldn't buy a Honda yourself shows ur not true passionate about Hondas.

Part of Honda Australia's 'tough times' is that it has no strong flagship model available. The FN2R was reviled by motoring press and the new CRZ, which is seen as the resurrection on the CRX (an iconic sports car in it's own right) can hardly be called a sports car. Like UNLS1 said, mostly women will buy them.

At 45K to get one on the road, enthusiasts will get a WRX or something else if they want performance. Women and the eco crowd will buy the CRZ.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Salesmen are always passionate about what they sell cause it's their job to hype things up.

The fact that you wouldn't buy a Honda yourself shows ur not true passionate about Hondas.

Part of Honda Australia's 'tough times' is that it has no strong flagship model available. The FN2R was reviled by motoring press and the new CRZ, which is seen as the resurrection on the CRX (an iconic sports car in it's own right) can hardly be called a sports car. Like UNLS1 said, mostly women will buy them.

At 45K to get one on the road, enthusiasts will get a WRX or something else if they want performance. Women and the eco crowd will buy the CRZ.

I would not buy a Honda as thy don't make the performance cars I like. I have purchased a civic sport for my wife and she will get a new CRV in 2012 when the new model is out, my mum has a civic and my mother in law has a my11 euro lux. I would not get them into Hondas if I didn't like them and didn't have some passion for them. I would love a newer S2k if it was a bit bigger and a newer model as that was once of the best sports cars I have driven.

Member Array
    Car:
    crx gen 1/gen 2
    Test drove a crz today. Black, manual, standard. I quite liked it. Only been licensed two days!

Firstly, forget about power compared to other cars as an issue. If you want more power you add a turbo. You can have more power then than you know what to do with, if you want it. r you can leave it stock. It's a choice.

Sitting in the car, the driving position is a little compromised. Can't see where the front of the car is at all. I couldn't even see the bonnet. So you'd have to be careful. View in the rear vision mirror was a bit strange - seemed squashed as its a small aperture mirror. The car is quite narrow at the rear. You could see cars behind ok, but reversing would be an art. I'd be adding a moveable camera myself. Side mirrors were also something to get used to. A convex design so distances were further away than real, and the outer third was a different convex shape so you had a wider peripheral vision again. There's this vertical line in the mirror where the curvature changes. The instrument cluster is digital, but more restrained than the civic type R so less in your face. Seat offers nice support. Interior is a lot of black. Didn't really notice it when driving, so that was good. Rear seats are a joke - no leg space. Its a two seater coupe that could do occasional rear seat duty. The sales guy made a point of demonstrating the lack of rear leg space - no hiding at all.

The test car was manual - 6 speed but 6 is highway overdrive. Nice gearbox action. Clutch was good as well. Steering is electric, and this was the first time I'd driven a car with that set-up. Found it quite good, with some weight in the feel. The sport mode settings make it more direct in feel. Liked it better than power assist steering as there was more feel. Note that I normally drive crx's with no power steering.
    Suspension was comfortable over car park strips, but also firm enough to provide feedback through the body and seat about what the road was doing. Nice sport setting. Reminded me a bit of the S2000 in the way the body movement felt quite alive on a bumpy road. On smooth sections felt either planted on the road, or heavy - take your pick of descriptions. The crx (g2)definitely feels more skittish, but probably similar to how my G1 feels. Note I don't like the way a standard gen 2 crx feels - almost above the road rather than on it. It's a persaonal preference of mine, and I liked the crz there. Others won't.
    Didn't throw it into any corners on Saturday morning commuter roads, so I can't comment on that. Felt capable. The salesman had just come from a test session at a track in Victoria, and had been surprised at how well it had done. Note my crx's have aftermarket springs and struts, so I'm used to a modified suspension.

Power delivery was nice for city use - just let the electric motor provide low down torque. Definitely down on the crx, but still good. As I said, you want power just add it. Didn't try to rev the motor out - red line is about 6800 - and I don't rev out other peoples cars It was enough power to maintain interest.

Batterys are good for 8 tears on warranty and 15 years estimated life. About $2000 to replace at current prices. Thats way less than the petrol saved.

So I was favourably impressed. As a sporty hybrid it does do the job in the honda way. Would I buy one. Certainly possible if I want a new car. Lot of competition for the dollar out there however.
    anjin

aka ian