Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

dc5r tie rod ball joints not coming out?

hey iv been trying to get out my standard suspension cause im installing new coilovers, but i cant seem to get the front ball joints on the tie rod to come out? i tried using the fork tool but that only ruined the rubber casing exposing the whole joint... how else can i get these out?

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Give the knuckle a few taps with hammer and it should free up

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    As above.

You'll also need to replace the tie rod end now as you've exposed the ball joint. If exposed it'll fail, why all after market inverted tie rod ends are useless. Most people run stock mounts with adjustable length tie rods to correct the issues you'll get with lowering the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    I used WD40 and a mallet to get mine out. If you completely wrecked your tie rod I have stock DC5R tie rods off my car handy.

how much do u want for the tie rod ends? mine are completely ****ed now aha

iv tried smashing the top of the ball joint and everything its not budging..

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    No not the top
    See here

I bought one of those gear pullers for $35 and it got the tie rods off in 1 minute. Very handy tool!

iv got passangers side out, completely damaged by smashing it with a hammer upwards, now the drivers side is damaged and still not coming out gna need 2 new ones, can i order from honda?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    what did i say in your last thread. take it to a mechanic.

nah ill do it myself thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Quote Originally Posted by BLV-27J View Post
    iv got passangers side out, completely damaged by smashing it with a hammer upwards, now the drivers side is damaged and still not coming out gna need 2 new ones, can i order from honda?
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    what did i say in your last thread. take it to a mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLV-27J View Post
    nah ill do it myself thanks
    Lulz have been bolded.

Changing coilovers on a DC5 is a fairly basic modification. Removing the tie rod end would be amounst the easiest part. You obviously don't have the skills or tools to perform these modifications, can you PLEASE take it to a mechanic so that these parts are installed correctly, and so that your car isn't a hazzard on the road!