Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic

Random Engine Light turning on

Hey guys, had a quick search and found nothing, im having a weird problem where after random periods of driving (sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes after an hour, varying distances) my engine light will come on... driving calm or driving hard makes no difference, it still comes on...

there are no differences in sound, acceleration, smell, idle or anything, it just turns on, and im not sure why, oil is at a good level, coolant is fine, all fluids were checked and are fine/were topped up and are fine now, but the light still comes on...

its an EG with a B16a2, does anyone have any idea what may be causing this to happen, i dont want to be doing damage to the engine... (engine still runs exactly as it would without the light on and as it did before this problem started happening)

thanks for any help or insight you can give, much appreciated
    Wakefield Park PB: 1.15.6

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Check for error codes, there is a diy in the diy section on how to get engine check light errors

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    cheer bud, will give it a go
    Wakefield Park PB: 1.15.6

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 99
    First things I'd check are fluid reservoirs and sensors are plugged in properly since they're the easiest to check.