Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

i cant find any em1's

why is it so hard to find a clean em1 for the right price?? it seems like everyones either asking too much or they sell too quickly. does anyone know how many there are in australia and roughly how much they're worth?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    cause they aint exactly a common main stream coupe like bmw's or nissans. As far as sales go, id say not many sold here, which is one of the reasons why they dropped the coupe in 2000.

pricing would be from anywhere of 8k - 12k depending of pricing, but at the end of the day the seller will always tryn justify his/her pricing vs what the buyer thinks what its worth, all about coming to an agreement
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    wt's yr right price then?
    if i m getting a car again i dont mind paying an extra grand for ones in better condition
    ppl sells their car cheaper than avg for reasons
    end up u need to spend more $$ on the cheaper ones than the decent ones
    eg. minor fixes, finding missing interior bits etc
    sure there r cheap deals but those chances are taken by the owners close frds, not you or me
    for a decent EM1 u need to hv abt 11k intial budget
    including rego, transfer fees, a full service and shits
    just my 2cent
    Last edited by dc292177917; 30-10-2011 at 06:37 PM.

My price range is around 8 or 9 k and I've been speaking to people selling and it seems like ive got enough its just so frustrating to see one sell because I know another one might not come along for ages

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    i think its just the car is starting to get old and there's is less and less overall civics left on the road.
    took me awhile to get what i wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by manonastick View Post
    i think its just the car is starting to get old and there's is less and less overall civics left on the road.
    took me awhile to get what i wanted.
    Is this your yellow ek? How long did it take you to find what you wanted?

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahSCOTTT View Post
    Is this your yellow ek? How long did it take you to find what you wanted?
    Took me like 2 months to find the right ek for me. I was randomly looking on carsales one day and found the limited indy 300 civic and always wanted a yellow ek but i know ek's in Australia weren't offered the ek9 yellow stock from factory and indy 300 civics were the only thing sold in Australia with the phoenix yellow from factory. I was only lucky to get this because the ad was only put up a 1 day up before and the owner already had a few calls. Its fun when you drive cxi around and people think its a ek9 ;D

Back onto the topic, where are you looking at for em1s? Have you tried like ebay or gumtree ? or sometimes typing the car model into google and take you to some ads you won't usually see. hope it helps

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Legs
    what do u consider a clean em1? 1 that has low kms or 1 that may have high km's but a clean engine? i personally dont think 8-9k is enough for a clean, low km em1. i personally bought a em1 about a month ago, after searching for about 2months for a lil over 10k, mind u it had only 107000 km's on the clock and log books 2 back it up. it was a white 1 that was completely stock, dunno if u saw it on car sales or not. personally i think maybe consider findin a clean ek4 as there usualy cheaper then em1, same engine n all tho

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    theres a few in melb im sure, if your willing to fly/drive down here.

8K is a little too cheap mate. Wouldnt let mine go for that price.
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

i was talking to a bloke who was selling his and he was asking 10 but ended up taking 8,8 and it was extremely clean and then another guy in sydney would have sold me his for 8 but i couldnt get there to drive it back the first one had done 150k kms and the second had done 116k kms

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    if u cant drive it back then just send it back lol
    sending a car from NSW to VIC is abt $600
    thats wt i was told.

yeh but who would buy a car without looking at it first?