B series EG - what air con components are you using? ie. lines from dc2? condensor?

Hey guys..

Sorry if this has been answered before ; QQ..

If i was to put air con in a B series EG, what components can i use to make this possible?

Can I use existing A/C lines & dryer/evaporator from the EG or do i have to change? I know i cant use the D series compressor for the B motor..

What about the condensor? Or would it be better getting the whole lines + condensor from a DELSOL? since its also an "EG"?

thanks

Hey man, im having the same issue with you too :/

Found out that you'd need either a 95 eg or a dc2/r 'coolbox' (the box where the evaporator sits in just behind the glove box)
    New receiver dryer (once yours has been out into the open air its basically useless)
    Dc2 aircon piping (HP and LP)
    and if you want to use your condenser, you'd have to find yourself an ek4 hose to connect to the compressor. (if you have a <95 model eg, you'd have to source out a late model eg condenser, cause the fitting on the top is different)

I just got quoted $600 to get everything up and running, including parts. reckon that's way too much?
    team.gradeA

more smart. more safe. moreTEIN

Quote Originally Posted by impossi13le View Post
    Hey man, im having the same issue with you too :/

Found out that you'd need either a 95 eg or a dc2/r 'coolbox' (the box where the evaporator sits in just behind the glove box)
    New receiver dryer (once yours has been out into the open air its basically useless)
    Dc2 aircon piping (HP and LP)
    and if you want to use your condenser, you'd have to find yourself an ek4 hose to connect to the compressor. (if you have a <95 model eg, you'd have to source out a late model eg condenser, cause the fitting on the top is different)

I just got quoted $600 to get everything up and running, including parts. reckon that's way too much?
    holy shit dude, but i've seen EG's with b series motor and complete aircon - the air con pipes/hoses bends alot towards the compressor?

were did u get quoted man? pm me! lol..

I have an EG, its built in late 91. registered in 92. So its one of the few first eg's that has ever came out? :S

LOL yeh. im willing to go and get mine fixed though, i dislike this heat.
    im guessing with the bent pipes, some people have forcefully fitted whatever stock pipes they had to fit onto the compressor - i tried; ended up being bent way too much and just got enough clearance for the bolt to go in (im a bit iffy with these things) so i went fk it and looked around for a place lol.

mine's a 92 eg, shame or else it wouldve been easier haha. are you running a c2?
    team.gradeA

damn man. shit go. I actually wanna try using the oem pipes. lol.. i just need the dryer. But before i attempt any DIY, i just wanna know what components are actually required to make this DIY easier lol..

meh.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    but is your ac really that cold?
    when i turn on mine, i was getting sweaty.
    felt better opening the window, get some wind.

this is on a 35+^C days.

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post

this is on a 35+^C days.
    Well my a/c never worked to begin with.. so i dont know.. the wirings and components WAS there.. but i didnt even bother trying to see if it works or not..Even when it had the double carby engine lolol.. (it used to be a GL)

- Thats if ur talking to me mocchi

Quote Originally Posted by jdmEG5 View Post
    damn man. shit go. I actually wanna try using the oem pipes. lol.. i just need the dryer. But before i attempt any DIY, i just wanna know what components are actually required to make this DIY easier lol..

meh.
    lol yeh i wish it was easy im spewin about my fkn ac lol. lemme know how it goes, with the oem pipes!

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post

this is on a 35+^C days.
    lol try regassing your system mocchi, and get a new tx valve they're usually the culprits
    team.gradeA