Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    b&w eh, blurple ek
    My bike history so far :01 vt250-->1989 Cbr 250r (MC19) -->2009 Ninja 250r-->2010 Ninja ZX10R (we all gotta grow up sometime)
    Anyways......
    Got rid of the VT because it was heavy and slow and just got bored of the whole cruiser look, noone's gonna think you're a bad ass bikie with a 250cc. So moved onto the CBR. Awesome bike, but it was old, and like EG52NV said unless you're revving the nuts off the thing it's gonna feel and more importantly be slow. That one lasted me about 8 months, paid 3500 and got 3000 trade in on it (pretty good i thought), and i ended up with the Ninja 250. Those things are fun at pace. Carried my fat ass around with no problems. I think that they're the best 250cc out on the market out today. Even better than the current CBR250r (flame suit on). They look good, go ok for what they are, they're all over the place in second hand market so you shouldn't have any trouble finding one in decent condition, but yeah depends what you want to spent. And finally after getting bored with the 250's i ended up trading in the little ninja for a bigger ninja, but that's another story for another thread.

Knowing what i do now, i wouldn't bother with the 250's, especially if you're going to keep it for longer. There are so many 400, 500, and 650cc bikes out there that are lams approved, both new and second hand
    I ended up letting my 250 ninja go for 3000, needed a major (24000) service and few other bits and pieces, but otherwise a solid little bike

That's just my 0.02, hope it helps and good luck. Keep us posted
    Life is like a box of chocolates
    It doesn't last as long for fat people

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    I'd grab one of the new CBR250's for the comfortable riding position, fuel injection, piece of mind its going to be safe and reliable.. Pricing is very affordable as well.
    I'd spend my first year on a bike just focusing on just being smooth and controlled and not trying to be a hero.
    My first bike was a NSR250 (beast) I think after the second or third week I ended up out braking my self on the Black spur and going of the edge! I was lucky not to be too seriously hurt.
    S2000 AP1, Civic SI FN1 , CBR1000RR SC59, CR250, ST90, CT70

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by nAYEE View Post
    You'll get bored of them in a month, same engine as the ninja just that the looks are outdated. Everything is pretty much the same, i would stick to a CBR250RR on my Ls then look to possibly upgrade to a RVF400.
    the ninja 250 has the same engine as the GPX/ZZR, however, the ninja is EFi and GPX/ZZR is carby.
    for that reason, the rev limit on the ninja is lower, and it means it is slower.

i have drag my gpx with my mate ninja long time ago. gpx beats it, it also beat the hyo GT250r.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by connorling View Post
    the ninja 250 has the same engine as the GPX/ZZR, however, the ninja is EFi and GPX/ZZR is carby.
    for that reason, the rev limit on the ninja is lower, and it means it is slower.

i have drag my gpx with my mate ninja long time ago. gpx beats it, it also beat the hyo GT250r.
    The new ninja 250 still has a carburetor but the new CBR250R has efi.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Are u sure?! 2010 or so Ninja has efi as I was told.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Are u sure?! 2010 or so Ninja has efi as I was told.
    In USA, the ninja is carby, but Australian and euro are fuel injection.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    1000% Positive
    Keihin CVK30 x 2 Carburettors
    http://www.kawasaki.com.au/motorcycl...012-ninja-250r

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by S2kane View Post
    1000% Positive
    Keihin CVK30 x 2 Carburettors
    http://www.kawasaki.com.au/motorcycl...012-ninja-250r
    o shit, have a though about it, it was the Hyo GT250r thats gone from carby to EFi, not ninja.
    oops haha

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    actually i just searched on the ninja 250 euro, it IS EFi, just we dont get the euro version.