Corolla Spec S
    thanks for clearing that up for me
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    Hey, it's OzHonda!!!

Seriously though, you can pretty much ignore all of page 1.

All FI solutions push air. Whether or not this is additional strain on the engine is not a result of revs, but throttle position. If you're not WOT (whole open throttle) much of that extra air will be vented off by the BOV (or bypass valve).

Also, I think someone is getting confused between J's Racing (Japanese tuning house) and Jackson Racing (US company formed by the Jackson family). To my knowledge J's don't make an FI kit and certainly not a PD supercharger. Jackson made several for the B and D series engines but not for the F20C. There was a PD supercharger for the S2000 made by someone but I don't believe it's in production anymore.

A centrifugal supercharger is driven by the crank but due to the scroll like design of the centrifugal compressor produces boost in direct proportion to RPM. At low revs it produces very little. At redline it produces it's maximum output. This is not ideal for the S2000 as it has such a long rev range. If your centrifugal SC produces 6.5psi at 9000rpm, at VTEC changeover point (6000rpm) it's probably only producing 4psi.

If you see this as a benefit we'll have to agree to disagree.

Contrary to popular opinion the 'nothing, nothing BOOOST' idea of a turbo is incorrect or at least outdated. If you purchase a properly sized turbo for your application you will not even notice the supposed 'turbo lag'. Even the Greddy kit (basic, but out top-ends the basic Comptech and Vortech kits) is at full boost by about 4000rpm. My ball bearing GT3076R peaks at 21psi but producing 16psi by about 6000rpm. Turbo lag my arse.

So basically my turbo produces way more top end than any of these kits, and has a much bigger midrange, yet unless I choose to put my foot down (and I often do ) puts no more strain on the engine than NA.
    Nice answer.. So if your foot isn't flat but you're at 6000rpm will pressure be @ 16psi or closer to 1psi? Does that mean you wont get extra power unless you floor it?

21psi sounds scary

How many months do you think you knock off the engine every time you floor it lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmoyo View Post
    Nice answer.. So if your foot isn't flat but you're at 6000rpm will pressure be @ 16psi or closer to 1psi? Does that mean you wont get extra power unless you floor it?

21psi sounds scary

How many months do you think you knock off the engine every time you floor it lol
    closer to 1 in that situation
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Hey, it's OzHonda!!!

So basically my turbo produces way more top end than any of these kits, and has a much bigger midrange, yet unless I choose to put my foot down (and I often do ) puts no more strain on the engine than NA.
    Better than this :P

http://www.inlinepro.com/s1/p-16-sta...turbo-kit.aspx

S2Krazy Array
    Aus needs to man up to the 26 pound plate
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    Im not saying who and its not me (wish it was though!!!) but I know of an s2000 thats going to be running a 30 pound set in the very near future. Cant wait to see how it goes. But thats turbo so way off the topic of super charging

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    You cold try running the centrifugal blower with a high boost pulley. And place a waste gate between it and the throttle body. So when you reach your desired boost. The excess will be vented off. I've heard of these type of setups on commodore v6-3.8's. But never seen it.
    touge is my style, F@CK your style!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    Aus needs to man up to the 26 pound plate
    How many pounds you running these days in your AUTOmobile?

Seriously though, even at 26 hot psi at redline I am still at higher boost than you were in midrange.
    Last edited by AusS2000; 03-11-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Touge Tom View Post
    I've heard of these type of setups on commodore v6-3.8's. But never seen it.
    There's often a good reason for that.

BTW, 'wastegate's are valves that allow exhaust to bypass the turbine in a turbo system.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmoyo View Post
    It's more a case of how far down my foot is pressed. The more I have it down, the more boost I get. The car has absolutely stunning midrange when I want it and purrs like a kitten when I don't.

One thing I have noticed though is that in street driving my foot is almost never all the way to the floor. There is just so much torque aching to break traction that you have to be careful.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    I know what waste gate are and do. I know it very unorthodox methood, but instead of venting exhaust gas to steady the spool of a turbo. Why not run a higher boost pulley and have more boost come on earlier, and more low down to mid range torque. So the system acts more like a positive displacement blower.
    touge is my style, F@CK your style!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    It's more a case of how far down my foot is pressed. The more I have it down, the more boost I get. The car has absolutely stunning midrange when I want it and purrs like a kitten when I don't.

One thing I have noticed though is that in street driving my foot is almost never all the way to the floor. There is just so much torque aching to break traction that you have to be careful.
    I want your car Aus